VOLUNTEERING AT ST. SERRA
Welcome St. Serra Volunteers! This is where you will find everything related to volunteering at St. Serra, including volunteer certification requirements, volunteer service hour requirements, volunteer opportunities, how to record your volunteer hours, and more!
If you have not yet been fingerprinted through St. Serra/Diocese of Orange, CLICK HERE to begin the volunteer clearance process.
All volunteers must complete fingerprinting and Safe Environment training prior to signing up for volunteer opportunities. Click the button below for information on how to start this process.
2023-24 School Year:
- Preschool families will now be required to fulfill service hours, the amount of which is based on the preschool program in which your [oldest] child is enrolled (see below).
- The cost associated with not fulfilling volunteer service hours will change from $15.00 per hour to $25.00 per hour.
NEW Preschool Service Hour Requirement*
- 2-day program - 5 hours per family per school year
- 3-day program - 10 hours per family per school year
- 5-day program - 20 hours per family per school year
TK-8 Volunteer Service Hour Requirement*
- 40 hours per family per school year (no change)
Volunteer service hours can be earned in a variety of ways. Some of the most common ways to earn hours are:
- Classroom help
- Yard Duty
- Serving hot lunch
- Event support and pre-event planning
- Volunteering at events
- “At-home” projects
- Each family is responsible for recording their service hours online.
- Volunteer hours for the 2023-24 school year must be logged by June 5, 2024. Families who have not completed and/or recorded their required service hours by this date will be invoiced through FACTS for any unfilled hours at the rate of $25 per hour.
- You can opt to buy-out volunteer hours at a rate of $25 per hour.
- There are opportunities to earn double hours for some shifts at certain events.
- Volunteer hours must be served by immediate family, i.e. parents or grandparents, and are non-transferable between families (i.e. you cannot "donate" them to another St. Serra family).
- “Extra” volunteer hours do not carry over to the following academic year.