Volunteering at St. Serra
Welcome, Volunteers! Thank you for visiting our web page. This is where you will find everything related to volunteering at St. Serra, including volunteer certification requirements, volunteer service hour requirements, volunteer opportunities, how to record your volunteer hours, and more!
Volunteerism is a crucial aspect of our school community. All St. Serra parents are encouraged to contribute their time, talent and treasure to various areas of need within our school. Volunteer support for our classrooms, library, sports programs, theater programs, PTO events and programs, etc., help us to foster fellowship and build community for our children, parents, teachers and support staff. Each family's efforts help to provide a strong foundation for our school's development, and ultimately benefit all of our children who will learn by example to become the leaders of future generations.
For the 2022-2023 school year, all families with students in grades TK-8 are obligated to contribute a total of forty (40) hours of volunteer service for St. Serra Catholic School. There is no volunteer hours requirement for families who only have children in preschool.
Volunteer service hours can be earned in a variety of ways. Some of the most common ways to earn hours are:
- Classroom help
- Yard Duty
- Serving hot lunch
- Event support and planning (pre-event)
- Volunteering at events
- “At-home” projects
- Volunteer hours must be logged by June 9, 2023 or you will be charged through FACTS for any unfilled hours at the rate of $15 per hour.
- You can opt to buy-out volunteer hours at a rate of $15 per hour.
- There are opportunities to earn double hours for some shifts at certain events.
- Volunteer hours are non-transferable (i.e. you cannot "donate" them to another St. Serra family).
- Volunteer hours do not carry over to the following academic year.