Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
PTO AT A GLANCE
The St. Junipero Serra Catholic Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) oversees many fundraisers, events, activities and groups which benefit all students at SJSC. See our PTO Events and Programs page for current PTO happenings.
These annual events support the SJSC operating budget and help keep educational costs affordable for all.
Golf Classic - Adult-only golf tournament, dinner and silent auction. Traditionally held in the Fall.
Harvest Festival - Harvest-themed family event held on St. Serra’s campus in the Fall, featuring entertainment, games, rides, music, and lots of food!
Anchor Ball - SJSC’s largest fundraiser of the year, usually held in the Spring. This formal, adult-only event includes dinner, silent auction, live auction, music, dancing and various opportunity drawings.
COMMUNITY BUILDING EVENTS
Focused on bringing families together in fellowship and strengthening our community through fun-themed events that also support our fundraising efforts.
- Back to School Meet and Greet & Volunteer Fair
- SerraStrong Event
- Family Nights Out
- Santa’s Secret Christmas Shop
- Book Fair
- Serra Social Club
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Event
- Heart Run
Serves our parent community through specialized ministries.
- SerraStrong in Prayer: Partners in Prayer, Prayer Requests, Parent Rosary
- Welcome Ministries: Ambassador Program, Serra Bear Greeters
- Parent Faith Formation: Lenten Retreat, Spiritual Support Materials
- Assistance Ministries: Serra Cares Ministry, Adopt-A-Family, SerraServes
TEACHER, CLASSROOM & SCHOOL SUPPORT
Provides the crucial link between St. Serra parents and their teachers, including the organization and coordination of parent volunteer help in the classrooms.
- Room Parent Coordinators (RPC’s) - Coordinates the efforts of our Room Parents and Classroom Project Coordinators across all grade levels, while being voting members of the PTO Board.
- Teacher Appreciation Week- One week each year in which the entire SJSC Community comes together to show appreciation for all that our teachers do for our children.
- Staff Treat Days – Hosted three times a year. Day of appreciation for all St. Serra staff coordinated and planned by groups of RPC’s and related Room Parents coordinating parent’s efforts.