Information on this page has been updated as of October 21, 2022.
These resources are being passed on to you because we have received information about the services through teacher, staff and parent referrals. We make NO GUARANTEES as to the quality of their services. Please note that we attempt to keep this information as up-to-date as possible; if you should learn that any of these services are no longer available, please contact us at email@example.com.
CURRENT ST. SERRA EDUCATORS AND STAFF
- Holds a current California Credential and has extensive experience teaching grades 3-7 in math, reading and study/organizational skills.
- Available to tutor Monday, Wednesday and Thursday after school during the school year.
- Summer availability: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Current rate is $50-$65/hour
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dynamic, results-oriented elementary and middle school teacher with 30 years of experience in Grades 1-8.
- Specific areas of concentration include Mathematics /Algebra 1, Science, and Language Arts.
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to collaborate with parents.
- Graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor's and Master's Degree and a Montessori AMI Elementary Diploma from the Montessori Institute of San Diego.
- Will meet students at their home, library or coffee shop.
- Available after 4:30 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays, and after 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Fee is $80/hour.
- Contact: (949) 887-1803
- Subjects offered: Reading/Language Arts, Math, and Science.
- Holds both a Multiple Subject Credential and a Single Subject Credential in English.
- Over 15 years of teaching experience in primary and middle school.
- Currently teaches 8th grade ELA and is available for HSPT tutoring in addition to reading and language arts.
- Passion for science and is exceptionally gifted in teaching biology, geology, and physics concepts to students with a fun, hands-on flair.
- Proficient in all areas of math, from basic math concepts through algebra and geometry.
- Current rate is $50/hour.
- Please contact for specific days/times.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Holds a California Single Subject Credential in English and has taught for twelve years, eight of which have been at St. Serra.
- Specializes in reading and writing, and enjoys challenging her students into becoming more creative and stronger writers.
- Focuses on the Jane Schaffer Writing Process and MLA formatting, which students begin using at St. Serra in 4th grade, and will continue throughout their education.
- Available to tutor students in grades 4-8 (or incoming 5th graders).
- Summer availability: Monday-Thursday between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Current rate is $60.00/hour.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holds a current California teaching credential and has sixteen years of teaching experience in primary, middle, and high schools.
- Proficient in all subjects, with an emphasis on reading and writing.
- Available to tutor Mondays and Thursdays at any of the local public libraries.
- The current rate is $50.00/hour.
- Contact: email@example.com
COMMUNITY TUTORING OPTIONS
- Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Over 15 years of teaching experience
- Will tutor grades K-5
- Contact: (949) 228-6836
- Credentialed, Montessori-certified teacher with a Master’s Degree in learning disabilities.
- Trained in the Slingerland, Orton-Gillingham, and Project Read techniques.
- Works with Kindergarten-8th grade students with all subjects and ability levels, including test preparation/study skills.
- 30+ years of experience in both public and private schools.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 859-7530
- Private tutor
- Specializes in:
- Spanish levels 1, 2, & 3
- English/Reading Comprehension
- Math for Grades 1-5
- Contact: email@example.com or (949) 235-9094
- Works with clients from school age to adult who may need individualized intervention plans to promote school success.
- Practice specializes in “developing client strategic use of strengths to foster learning, as well as understanding the interrelationship between learning and social/emotional functioning.”
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 842-3523
- Website: www.southcoastpsy.com
ADD Treatment Center
South Coast Psychological and Educational Associates
25283 Cabot Road, Suite 201
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
- B.S. in Elementary Education
- Prefers working with Kindergarten through 5th grade students
- Kindergarten readiness, homework help, project help and any subjects in grade levels K-5
- Offers summer tutoring in preparation for coming school year or summer reading projects
- Standard fee is $50/hour
- Contact: email@example.com or (949) 235-5307
- MA in Curriculum and Instruction
- Current CA Clear teaching credential
- CLAD certified
- Trained in Lindamood-Bell Learning Process
- Subjects - reading, writing and math
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 230-4488
- Credentialed teacher (multiple subject and single subject math).
- Taught junior high math for 4 years, and has tutored in multiple subjects over 10 years.
- Available to tutor 4th-8th grade math and also to help with homework in math and any other subjects.
- Neighbor to St. Serra's campus; able to walk over and pick kids up after school for tutoring. Also willing to tutor at the student's house.
- Contact: email@example.com or (949) 322-9796
27345 Ortega Highway, Suite 120
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 633-6895
- Credentials: California and Texas, National Board Certification in Mathematics.
- 30 years of experience teaching Math - Long Beach School District.
- Currently tutors students in 2nd, 4th and 6th grades along with Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2 students.
- Contact: email@example.com or (714) 505-6735
AFTER-SCHOOL LEARNING CENTERS
Air Tutors is a community of mentor-minded educators helping students and families succeed through an amazing educational experience. We offer free, 30-minute demo sessions to introduce families to our experience where we will then get to know your student to best match him/her to a specific educator based on personality, needs, and learning style. Our tutors are hold advanced degrees from prestigious universities and their personalities make learning an extremely fun process!
Hasan Ali, Cofounder/Owner
ALA provides a variety of services for students in K through 12, including: tutoring; working with students who have special learning needs; working with gifted students; workshops and classes to prepare for standardized testing; a mentoring program; and a nontraditional school setting (for students who would benefit), with a 6:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
27601 Forbes Road, Suite 28,
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Phone: (949) 367-WISE (9473)
Busy Bee Learning Hive provides a full range of services, including extended day learning programs for Kindergarteners, Homework Help sessions, Reading and Writing classes, and enrichment classes.
555 Corporate Drive, Suite 160
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
Phone: (949) 466-9932
DOORS Educational Center provides students from preschool to the teenage years with the underlying processing skills to reach their individual potential for academic success. DOORS provides Designs for Overcoming Obstacles and Realizing Success.
Phone: (949) 502-8131 (Newport Beach office will forward you to the RSM office)
Roel Florentino, the Center Director and Owner, has over 17 years of math tutoring and teaching experience and holds a California Single Subject Mathematics Credential as well as a Master's Degree in Education. He and his team of instructors are not only math experts, but are passionate about helping kids in the Rancho Santa Margarita area improve and excel in math through the school year and summer.
22431 Antonio Parkway,
RSM, CA 92688
Phone: (949) 888-6284
Multiple after-school/weekend/enrichment programs
28000 Marguerite Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Phone: (949) 582-4646
Contact: Vikki Le Pou
27684 Santa Margarita Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Phone: (949) 462-7160