GRADES 2-8 must have earbuds (earphones) for testing.
- All students in Grades 2-8 will take the STAR Reading and STAR Math assessments.
- First Grade students will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessment during the fall and transition to the STAR Reading and Math assessments in winter and spring.
- Kindergarten will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessments in winter and spring.
- Students will take the STAR Reading assessment during their ELA class and the STAR Math assessment during their Math class.
- If your child will be absent on the day of the assessment, please notify his/her teacher by email so that your child can be scheduled for a makeup session.
Please be sure to review your child's September scores between October 5 and January 5. Please keep in mind that these assessments represent one snapshot in time and are only one measure of your student's skills at that time.
- Make sure your children have eaten well on test days. Studies suggest that good nutrition is related to improved attention and concentration.
- Help your children by encouraging a good night's rest.
- Ensure that your children make it to school on time so that they do not miss any instructions and are allowed ample time to settle in and relax before the test begins.
- Please do not schedule dental or doctor appointments on testing days.
- Although it is important to let students know the tests should be taken seriously, it is also important not to increase any test-taking anxiety.
- http://www.kid port.com (See the Think and Learn section)
- Book: Mathematics Problem Solving Activities for individua grades by Tara Dodrill e-How Coordinator
- Book: Problem Solving Activities for individual grades by Bryan Cohen e-How Contributor Sent from my iPad
• AFTER-SCHOOL LEARNING CENTERS
• FORMER SERRA TEACHERS
• VISION THERAPY
PLEASE NOTE: These resources are being passed on to you because we have received information about the services. Although several of these references are being used by some of our parents, St. Junipero Serra Catholic School make no guarantees to the quality of these services.
View the Tutoring Reference List here.
Homework Club is for students who are challenged by completing their homework in a timely manner, need additional assistance with assignments, may forget to do the assigned homework, and for those who tend to turn in homework after the due date or who may turn in the assignments without completing the work.
Homework Club will begin on Monday, October 5, 2020. Homework Club classes will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Classes do fill up quickly, so please register as soon as possible by clicking on the link below. Questions, please contact Mrs. Ellen Burrola, Assistant Principal, at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can join Homework Club?
Homework Club is for students enrolled in Grades 1-8. As long as there is room in Homework Club, anyone can join.
When is Homework Club?
Homework Club is held after school Monday-Thursday for grades 1-8 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. The first day of Homework Club will be Monday, October 5, 2020.
How do I sign my child up for Homework Club?
To sign up for Homework Club, you will need to click on the REGISTER HERE link above.
What is the cost for homework club?
Homework Club is $110 per month for four days a week.
Homework Club Teachers for 2020-2021
1st Grade - Mrs. Turner
2nd Grade - Mrs. Hoey, Mr. Miyashiro
3rd Grade - Mrs. Donnelly (Masters), Mrs. Salazar
4th Grade - Mr. Letourneau, Ms. Pyle
5th Grade - Ms. Taylor
6th Grade - Ms. Fiore, Ms. Hubert
7th Grade - Mr. Catey
8th Grade - Ms. Fiore, Ms. Hubert