Christian Service Projects
St. Junipero Serra Catholic students live out a Faith-Filled Life and Missionary Spirit throughout the year by participating in various school-wide Christian Service Projects. This year our school once again plans to support the following organizations;
- Pennies from Heaven, working in partnership with St. Kilian Parish in celebration of Respect for Life, students fill baby bottles with extra change with proceeds going to young women throughout Orange County who choose life.
- Baby Shower & Clothing Drive, to support Loaves & Fishes, an organization in Santa Ana which supports underprivileged families within our community.
- Operation Rice Bowl, during Lent, students support Catholic Relief Services by filling up cardboard rice bowl containers with spare change. These funds go to CRS, which aids food security around the world.
- Food for Friends, each month students are actively involved in collecting food for our community supporting the food pantries at each of our parishes.
Food 4 Friends Proposed Dates, Parish and Themes for the School Year 2018-19:
- Friday, September 14, 2018 -St. Kilian, "Cereal Drive"
- Friday, October 12, 2018 -San Francisco Solano, "Tuna Drive"
- Friday, November 9, 2018 -San Francisco Solano, "Dress the Turkey"
- Friday, December 14, 2018 -St. Kilian, "Household Goods Drive"
- Friday, January 11, 2019-San Francisco Solano, "Cereal Drive"
- Friday, February 8, 2019 -Santiago de Compostela, "Peanut Butter and Jelly"
- Friday, March 8, 2019- Santiago de Compostela, "Pasta and Sauce"
- Friday, April 12, 2019 - St. Kilian - "Peanut Butter Jelly"
- Friday, May 10, 2019- Santiago de Compostela, "School's Out Huner's Not"
- Missionary Childhood Association, at every mass, students are encouraged to bring a small donation, to support MCA, an international organization dedicated to fostering children's awareness of the importance of missionary work within our Church.
St. Junipero Serra Catholic School embarks upon additional grade level service projects. Each grade has selected a particular organization to support. The anticipated schedule follows, please watch for upcoming calendar dates.
Classroom Service Projects 2018-19 - Coming Soon
First Grade ✞
Second Grade ✞
Third Grade ✞
Fourth Grade ✞
Fifth Grade ✞
Sixth Grade ✞
Seventh Grade ✞
Eighth Grade ✞