WELCOME TO St. Junipero Serra Catholic PRESCHOOL
St. Junipero Serra Catholic Preschool ("St. Serra Preschool") is licensed by the state of California and follows the Diocesan Diversified Education Handbook's guidelines. We provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate program that recognizes the individual needs of each child by celebrating and encouraging each child's natural curiosity for learning. At St. Serra Preschool, we see children as special gifts from God, and as such, we promote their self-esteem and individuality through experimentation and exploration. We also provide developmentally appropriate activities and value play as an avenue to learning. We teach the whole child, nurturing all areas of development including spiritual, academic, social-emotional and physical.
The St. Serra Preschool follows the St. Junipero Serra Catholic School calendar with a few exceptions. Please see links below.
- 5-Day Program: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. (Limited availability)
- 3-Day Program: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- 2-Day Program: Tuesday/Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- 5-Day Program: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m.- 11:15 a.m.
- 3-Day Program: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 a.m.- 11:15 a.m.
- 2-Day Program: Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m
- 5-Day Program: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:15.a.m.
- Offered Monday through Friday
- 6:30 a.m. - 7:10 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
St. Serra Preschool Parent Handbook
St. Serra Preschool Volunteering
Preschool volunteers are necessary and vital to our success. Our preschool volunteer requirements can be found in this section. In order to volunteer at St. Serra, the following requirements must be completed prior to volunteering at St. Junipero Serra Catholic Preschool:
- Letter of Good Health: this is a letter written, signed, and dated by you stating that you are in good health and able to volunteer at St. Junipero Serra Catholic Preschool. A doctor does NOT have to sign this letter.
- Proof of a negative TB test done within the past year. This must include the date the TB test was given, the date it was read (48-72 hours later), a negative result, and the name, address and phone number of the health care provider who performed the TB test.
- Proof of immunization or immunity to pertussis, measles (rubeola) and influenza. Please complete the immunization form. Return the completed form along with the required immunization records.
PRESCHOOL EXTENDED CARE PROGRAM
Statement of Philosophy
The Preschool Extended Care Program supplements the preschool program and supports St. Serra's families by providing high-quality child care before and after preschool in a safe and nurturing environment. The Preschool Extended Care Program is viewed as a natural extension of the preschool’s daily program. As such, the program is closed when the school is closed, including holidays, Christmas and Easter break, and summer vacation.
The Preschool Extended Care Program offers before and after-school child care to all enrolled preschool students in the Preschool classrooms and playground area. The preschool children do not interact with students in the TK-8 extended care program. Parents must sign their preschool child out of the Preschool Extended Care Program upon departure each day.
The Preschool Extended Care Program is for those 3 and 4- year-olds enrolled in St. Serra Preschool who would like a longer school day. The Preschool Extended Care Program hours are 6:30 a.m.-7:10 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. A variety of activities designed to enhance the preschool curriculum are offered, including sensory activities, arts and crafts, science, dramatic play, story time, indoor and outdoor play time. Children bring their own lunch, as well as an additional snack, to Preschool Extended Care.
For questions regarding Preschool Extended Care, please contact Shannon Smith, Assistant to the Principal, Lower School at (949)888-1990 ext. 166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.