Academic Recognition for Upper School
Students who are enrolled in Grades Fifth through Eight are eligible for academic recognition through the Honor Roll and Principal’s Honor Roll. These honors will be reported on the school website three weeks following the end of the trimester. Students’ names will be listed as first name and first initial of last name. Listed below are the standards required for placement in each category.
- Honor Roll: 89 to 93.99% Overall Trimester Average in the five core classes (Religion, Math, ELA, Science and Social Studies)
- Principal’s Honor Roll: 94 to 100% Overall Trimester Average in the five core classes (Religion, Math, ELA, Science and Social Studies)
Valedictorian and Salutatorian
St. Junipero Serra Catholic School will recognize the Eighth Grade class Valedictorian and Salutatorian based upon the following requirements:
- Students must be enrolled at St. Junipero Serra Catholic School for the entire Seventh and Eighth Grade school years.
- Students must have participated in one formal, school-sponsored extra-curricular activity in both the Seventh and Eighth Grades.
- Students must maintain good conduct.
- Students must have attendance records that indicate attendance at school for at least 95% of the scheduled school days in both Seventh and Eighth Grades. Medical or dental absences are considered excused, but must be authorized by an official note from the physician or dentist.
The student with the highest cumulative Grade Point Average for the Seventh and Eighth Grade combined will be named Valedictorian. The student with the second highest cumulative Grade Point Average for the Seventh and Eighth Grade combined will be name Salutatorian.