Record Service Hours - Parents
2019-2020 Service Hour Parent Portal is COMING SOON
please review the following instructions for logging your hours:
- Multiple hours under one entry: Families may record multiple hours under the same Activity/Event by entering the most recent date of service and add a description to include the date range of hours performed, see example below.
- “Other” Activity & Event category: The Other category requires that you enter the details of hours performed in the Description field. Entries without a description will result in an Hours Submission Error.
- Lunch/Recess Hours: Please DO NOT record any Lunch/Recess hours under this link. Lunch and Recess hours are tracked and recorded by the Lunch Supervision Program.
Fingerprinting and Safe Environment Requirements:
Per Diocesan requirements, volunteers need to be fingerprinted through the Diocese of Orange and must complete the online Safe Environment training. These requirements must be met prior to any volunteering on campus. For further information, please email Robin Doherty, Administrative Assistant Operations - Human Resources at email@example.com or visit our Fingerprinting & Safe Environment page under Parents.
CLICK HERE to visit the Fingerprinting and Safe Environment webpage
CLICK HERE to visit the Volunteer Opportunities webpage
Required St. Junipero Serra Catholic School Service Hours Program
Service Hour Requirement: 60 hours of volunteer service benefitting SJSC.
Our dynamic St. Junipero Serra School community thrives on our parents' time, talent, and treasure. To best manage these resources, each family is required to perform sixty (60) hours of service. Each family is responsible for recording their service hours online via the SJSC Website Service Hours Parent Portal.
Lunch Duty: Although Lunch Duty is no longer a requirement, due to the important nature of monitoring our students, families who participate will accrue two Service Hours for every hour served. Lunch hours will be monitored and recorded by SJSC staff to ensure proper credit is provided to each family.
Incomplete Service Hours
Families who have not performed and or recorded their required Service Hours by May 31, 2020 will be invoiced through our incidental billing process at the rate of $15 per hour.
I/We understand and will fulfill the above mentioned Service Hours requirement. I/We understand the above requirement will be prorated in the case of early withdrawal from the School. I/We understand any unpaid balance will prevent my student(s) from re-enrollment for the following school year. I/We understand the unfulfilled service hours fee is not tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
- who do I contact if I do not recall my login credentials?
- Do my hours automatically get recorded when I sign in as a volunteer at the School Office?
- Can I record my Lunch/Recess hours on this online tracking?
- After I review my Service Hours Summary Report, who do I contact in the event that I need to make a correction or have a question regarding the online submission of my regular service hours?
NO, Lunch/Recess hours are recorded as performed and tracked separately by the Yard Supervision Program. This online tracking is for the recording of your Regular service hours only. For Lunch Duty scheduling inquiries, please contact Rosie Chavez, Yard Supervision Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 888-1990 ext. 140.