Hello to All New Families!
On behalf of the Grade Level Ambassadors, I would like to welcome you to the St. Serra community! We are delighted you have chosen this school to begin a new chapter and hope to be your support system for the duration of the school year.
My name is Mich Todd and I am the Lead Ambassador for the 2018-2019 school year. My husband, Darin, and I have two little girls – Sailor, an incoming 4th grade student, and Hadley, an incoming 2nd grade student. Our daughters have both been attending St. Serra since their preschool days and my husband and I are grateful for the community we've been able to be a part of and treasure the friendships we have made.
The Ambassador Program is designed to do just that – help ease the transition for both you and your child/ren and to open the doors to new friendships and new moments to cherish. We are eager for you to discover everything the school has to offer – both spiritually and academically. As part of the Room Parent Teams, each Grade Level Ambassador is on a mission to lend a hand throughout the school year and be a one-stop resource for all things St. Serra.
HOW IT WORKS:
· Your GLA will reach out to you mid-summer to check in and try to identify your needs as a new family. They are there to prepare you for the upcoming school year - answer your questions as best they can, highlight key school dates and communications, help navigate you through the uniform-buying process, etc.
· There will be one or more social opportunities by grade level before the start of the school year to afford a familiar face for your kiddos on their first day at St. Serra … because who doesn’t feel a bit of trepidation on their first day at a new school?
· Coffee Dates – we will periodically schedule coffee dates throughout the school year. Come pop in and join a GLA or two for some coffee (or tea). We would love to answer whatever questions you may have, be there as a sounding board for you, or simply get to know you one-on-one.
· Ambassadors also host a fall social and spring brunch to give all new parents an opportunity to gather. These are fun, well-attended events and I look forward to meeting each of you there!
· Throughout the rest of the school year, your GLA will remain in contact to ensure you are getting the full St. Serra experience.
Our Serra Strong Welcome Event and Volunteer Fair is Tuesday, August 28, (begins at 4:00 pm for new families; 4:30 pm for all families) and is the perfect setting for new families to not only meet other new families, but also to take part in the first school-wide event of the year. The first half hour is dedicated to new parents. Please come out, our GLA team would love to meet you and introduce you around!
Please feel free to reach out anytime. I hope you get a good sense of the collaborative spirit of parents, students, administration and teachers alike, and be inspired to join us in whichever way you feel most comfortable.