Lunch and Recess Information
At St. Junipero Serra we believe that a nutritious lunch keeps children healthy and gives them energy to do well in school.
Below are several meal option for our students:
1) Packed lunch brought from home.
2) Pre-order lunch through our lunch service provider, Choice Lunch. To visit Choice Lunch, please go to their website at http://www.choicelunch.com/.
3) On scheduled Thursdays, we have fundraising lunches which currently include In-N-Out. Please click on the IN-N-OUT tab below for more information and to place your orders.
In the morning, please review with your child what the plan is for their lunch.
Bringing Lunch for Your Student
If you are bringing in a lunch for your child, please make sure their first and last name and classroom (e.g. 3B, 7A) is clearly marked on the lunch and place the lunch on the applicable shelf of the lunch cart located in the School Office. In most cases, a child will know by their morning break time that they do not have a lunch at which time they should inform their teacher and ask to call home to see if a lunch could be brought in for them.
In the morning, please review with your child what the plan is for their lunch. If you are bringing in a lunch for your child, please make sure their first and last name and classroom (e.g. 3B, 7A) is clearly marked on the lunch and place the lunch on the applicable shelf of the lunch cart located in the School Lobby. In most cases, a child will know by their morning break time that they do not have a lunch at which time they should inform their teacher and ask to call home to see if a lunch could be brought in for them.
If your child is without a lunch they should:
1) Go to the School Lobby and check the lunch cart to see if a lunch has been brought in for them. (In the case of Kindergarten students, the teacher’s assistant will check the cart).
2) Go to their applicable (PEB or MEC) servery window to check with the ChoiceLunch to see if their name is on the list for that day. When parents register with ChoiceLunch, they will need to choose an option in the case a lunch is not ordered for a particular day. These options allow the student to get an extra lunch from ChoiceLunch (if there are any remaining) and the parent will be charged. If a family is not registered with ChoiceLunch, or has selected to opt-out of the forgotten lunch program they provide, ChoiceLunch will not be able to give the student a lunch.
3) Go to the Student Store Snackbar located in the MEC servery where we will provide something for them at a cost.
We try to keep a limited supply of Lunchables on hand for this purpose. This service is for emergency purposes only and is not be used as a convenience. We ask for your cooperation in keeping this as intended so we may provide a child with a lunch when it is a legitimate case. A $5.00 Missing Lunch Program Invoice will be issued by our Business Office for each missing lunch and sent home via your family’s next Weekly Envelope. Wait for the invoice and then return your payment as per directions on the invoice. Please do not pay with cash or send cash to school with your child for this.
Please do not hesitate to contact our School Office for further information regarding the lunch program.
Working together as a TEAM, should help prevent any child from going without their lunch!
Snack bar is located at the MEB Servery window.
Snack bar is open during morning recesses and lunches.
The snack bar is nut-free to the best of our ability. We are quite diligent about what items go into the snack bar. Some items include water, juice, Gatorade, chips, popcorn, etc. Soda will NOT be sold to students. Items range in cost from $0.25 to $1.00.
St. Serra After-School Sports Program
2016-17 School Year
Thank you for your support!
(NOTE: The day before a lunch is served, parents may check on the Parents Only section of this website for a listing of students who have purchased lunch for that date.)
Our In-N-Out Lunch Program is offered as ONLINE ONLY, using your Debit or Credit Cards ONLY!
In-N-Out lunch includes:
Choice of hamburger, cheeseburger or grilled cheese, chips, cookie and lemonade.
Hamburger Meal $6.00
Cheeseburger Meal $6.50
Grilled Cheese Meal $6.00
How to Order:
1. For EACH student, fill out the Monthly Order Form below and use either your Debit or Credit Card for payment.
2. The ANNUAL Form will be available in December to place your orders for the remainder of the school year.
3. CLICK HERE to use the MONTHLY Form, if you prefer to buy only the lunches offered one month at a time.
Helpful Hints to Remember:
A. Submit one order form and payment for EACH student. Once completing the payment process for the first student, then begin again with a new form, for each additional student.
B. When you open the form to order, select using the drop-down choices: your student’s homeroom, their meal choice and quantity for EVERY lunch LISTED; then review your order CAREFULLY, by lunch date, for that student. (If you do not make a selection, the meal choice will default to CHEESEBURGER PLAIN). On the final screen, you will input your student’s first and last name in addition to your Debit or Credit Card Transaction Information.
C. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
D. ALL fields are mandatory. You are purchasing for ALL lunch dates offered on the form, regardless of field trips or other school events. All orders are non-refundable even due to school events!
E. You will receive a confirmation e-mail stating that your order went through. If you do not receive such an e-mail, it is not guaranteed that your order went through and you will need to contact (Mrs. Denise Kacer email@example.com or Mr. Corey Overton firstname.lastname@example.org) to check on the status of your order.
Reminders: No CHECKS, No Refunds (including due to Field Trips),
No Walk Up Orders, No Late Orders
Lunch Dates for the 2016-2017 School Year
Note: Meals are served on Thursdays
|October 13, 20, 27, 2016|
|November 10, 2016|
|January 12, 19, 26, 2017|
|February 9, 16, 23, 2017|
|March 9, 16, 23, 30, 2017|
|April 27, 2017|
|May 11, 18, 25, 2017|
18 lunches total
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Lunch & Recess Duty Information
Each family is required to schedule or buy-out of their required lunch/recess supervision duties by October 31st of each school year. Families who do not schedule or buy-out by October 31st will be invoiced at the rate of $15 per hour "times" the number of unscheduled hours. All Lunch/Recess "No-Show" will be invoiced at $30 per hour. Rescheduling will be limited to one (1) reschedule per duty date and will require 24-hour advance notification to the Yard Supervisor.
Check in time for Morning Recess - 8:45 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
Check in time for Lunch Duty - 10:55 a.m. - 1:10 p.m.
For scheduling inquiries, please contact Rosie Chavez, Yard Supervisor at (949) 888-1990 ext. 140
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch/ Recess Supervision Duty Commitment Hours Required
One student - 6 Hours
Two or More - 12 Hours
|Preschool||9:00 - 9:30 (3yr) |
9:30 - 10:00 (4yr)
|11:15 - 12:00|
|TK||8:55 - 9:20||11:00 - 11:30|
|KA/KB||9:20 - 9:45||11:30 - 12:00|
|KC/KD||9:55 - 10:20||12:00 - 12:30|
|First||9:30 - 9:55||11:05 - 11:35|
|Second||9:30 - 9:55||11:05 - 11:35|
|Third||8:45 - 9:00||11:45 - 12:20|
|Fourth||9:10 - 9:25||11:45 - 12:20|
|Fifth - Eighth||10:03 - 10:13||12:25 - 1:05|