Speech Therapy Services
Kathryn M. Abbene, M.A., CCC-SLP
Kathryn Abbene earned her Bachelor of Arts at UCLA. She completed her Master of Arts in Communicative Disorders at California State University, Fullerton Kathryn graduated with highest honors and is a member of the Phi Kappa Phi and Golden Key Honor Societies. Upon graduating,
she worked as a full-time Speech Language Pathologist for three years in the Saddleback Valley Unified School District. She provided evaluations and evidence based therapy to elementary school students with a broad range of speech and language needs. Kathryn is dedicated to helping children develop the necessary skills to be confident and effective communicators. She enjoys working with families and educators to support each student’s progress toward their goals. Kathryn is board certified by the American Speech and Hearing Association. She holds a state license in Speech Language Pathology and a public school credential in Language, Speech and Hearing.
Kathryn was a member of the first graduating class at Serra and is excited to return and serve the students of St. Serra. She and her husband, along with their two young children, are parishioners of St. Kilian Catholic Church in Mission Viejo.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, Kathryn provides evaluation and treatment in the following areas:
- Articulation Delays: difficulty producing developmentally appropriate speech sounds
- Phonological Disorders: patterns of speech sound errors
- Receptive and/or Expressive Language: comprehension and verbal production of language (vocabulary, grammar, syntactic structures)
- Pragmatic Language: comprehension and use of social language and behaviors
- Apraxia: motor speech disorder
- Dysfluency/Stuttering: speech disrupted by syllable repetitions, sound prolongations, hesitations
Please contact Kathryn at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.