Speech Therapy Services
Melissa Beck, MA, CCC-SLP
Melissa earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders at the University of the Pacific. She completed her Master of Arts degree in Communicative Disorders at California State University, Fresno. Melissa has over 15 years of experience treating various types of speech, language, and swallowing disorders. Her experience includes all age ranges, from pediatric thru geriatric. Melissa is board certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. She is a member of the California Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is trained in orofacial myology by the International Association of Orofacial Myology. Melissa and her husband, along with their three children, are parishioners at St. Edward’s Catholic Church in Dana Point.
- As a Speech Language Pathologist, Melissa provides evaluation and treatment in the following areas:
- Articulation Delays (difficulty producing developmentally appropriate speech sounds)
- Phonological Disorders (patterns of speech sound errors)
- Receptive and/or Expressive Language Delays (comprehension and use of language)
- Pragmatic Language Disorder (difficulty using social language and expected behaviors)
- Apraxia (motor speech disorder)
- Fluency (speaking with hesitations/disruptions)
- Myofunctional Disorders (atypical patterns within the orofacial complex) are treated at Melissa’s private practice in Laguna Niguel
Please contact Melissa at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.