Volunteer Opportunity and Requirements
Thank you for signing up to volunteer at St. Junipero Serra Catholic School for the upcoming school year.
We would like to remind you that per Diocesan requirements, volunteers need to be fingerprinted through the Diocese of Orange and must complete the online safe environment training. These requirements must be met prior to any volunteering for all on or off- campus activities or events that involve being in the presence of SJSC students. Off-campus events or activities include, but are not limited to, school sporting events, field trips and any school sanctioned activity for clubs and groups.
- Complete the “Safe Environment Application Information for Live Scan Form” page and return it to either the School Office or via email to email@example.com.
- A “Request for Live Scan” form will be created for you using your application.
- This form will be returned to you via email or can be picked up at the School Office, along with a list of approved locations to choose from for fingerprinting.
- Please note: if you put your social security number on the application, we will need your permission to email the live scan form back to you
- You may choose to not put your social security number on the application, however, you will need to provide it to the fingerprinting location
- Bring the “Request for Live Scan” form with your driver’s license to the fingerprinting location you’ve selected from the list.
- Fingerprinting approval time will vary. The beginning of the school year is the busiest time with an approximate 3-4 week turn-around time
- While you wait for your fingerprinting results, complete the online Safe Environment Training online course. CLICK HERE to access the course website. Once completed, a copy of your training certificate must be sent to St. Junipero Serra Catholic School. You may drop it off to the School Office or send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: You will receive an email confirmation from our office once you are cleared to volunteer. You will not be able to volunteer prior to receiving confirmation.
For further information, please contact Pram Pinto, Safe Environment Coordinator, at email@example.com
In addition to the Fingerprinting and Safe Environment Training, Serra Preschool volunteers must also provide the following per the State of California:
1. A completed Immunization Form showing proof of immunity to pertussis, measles (rubeola), and influenza, along with a copy of these immunization records. CLICK HERE to access the immunization form.
2. Evidence of a negative TB test done within the past year. TB test results must show the volunteer’s name, the date the TB test was given, the date the TB test was read, a negative result, and the health care provider’s name, address, and phone number.
3. A “Letter of Good Health” written, signed and dated by the volunteer, stating you are in good health and able to volunteer in the preschool. A doctor’s signature is not required for this letter.
Please direct questions about the additional preschool requirements to Mrs. Toni Botterill, Assistant to the Principal, Preschool-Grade 4, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (949) 888-1990 ext. 166