Volunteer Opportunity and Requirements
Thank you for signing up to volunteer at St. Junipero Serra Catholic School for the upcoming school year.
We would like to remind you that per Diocesan requirements, volunteers need to be fingerprinted through the Diocese of Orange and must complete the online safe environment training. These requirements must be met prior to any volunteering for all on or off- campus activities or events that involve being in the presence of SJSC students. Off-campus events or activities include, but are not limited to, school sporting events, field trips and any school sanctioned activity for clubs and groups.
- Request a Volunteer Packet by emailing Pram Pinto, email@example.com.
- Complete the last page of the Volunteer Packet, Safe Environment Application Information for Live Scan Form and return it to the school office.
- A 3-part authorized Live Scan form will be created from your application and then returned to you along with a list of approved locations to choose from for fingerprinting. Bring the Live Scan form and your driver's licence to the fingerprinting location. NOTE: Fingerprinting approval time will vary. The beginning of the school year is the busiest time with an approximate 3-4 week turn-around time.
- While you wait for your fingerprint approval, complete the online Safe Environment training. Once completed a copy of your training certificate must be sent to St. Junipero Serra Catholic School.
For further information, please contact Pram Pinto, Department Assistant for Safe Environment, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Fingerprinting and Safe Environment Training, Serra Preschool volunteers must also provide the following per the State of California:
1. A completed Immunization Form showing proof of immunity to pertussis, measles (rubeola), and influenza, along with a copy of these immunization records. CLICK HERE to access the immunization form.
2. Evidence of a negative TB test done within the past year. TB test results must show the volunteer’s name, the date the TB test was given, the date the TB test was read, a negative result, and the health care provider’s name, address, and phone number.
3. A “Letter of Good Health” written, signed and dated by the volunteer, stating you are in good health and able to volunteer in the preschool. A doctor’s signature is not required for this letter.
Please direct questions about the additional preschool requirements to Mrs. Toni Botterill, Assistant to the Principal, Preschool-Grade 4, at email@example.com or call (949) 888-1990 ext. 166