S.C.O.R.E street Hockey Program
The Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey program is a FREE program designed to promote the game of hockey and physical fitness. The 10-day curriculum is intended to be taught as an in-school PE module and is guaranteed to be received by students with excitement. With the help of local educational organizations such as the Orange County Department of Education, the curriculum was created to follow the physical activity, fitness, balance, motor skills, and movement concepts listed in the California Physical Education Standards for 4th grade students. Street hockey, according to these organizations, is an age appropriate sport for 4th graders as it addresses many of the physical and mental outcomes for these students. Schools that are admitted into the program will receive a FULL donation of street hockey equipment which includes sticks, balls, nets, goaltender protection, and student instruction workbooks.
The Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey program is currently implemented in over 45 public and private schools throughout Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. All physical education teachers teaching this sport through Ducks S.C.O.R.E. receive an official teacher's manual containing the specialized 10-day curriculm as well as an invitation to the yearly teacher's seminar at Honda Center where they will learn hockey fundamentals and coaching tips from NHL Alumni and Anaheim Ducks' The-Rinks instructors.
Street hockey is an active sport that is played using a hockey stick fitted with a plastic blade, a specialized no bounce street hockey ball, and athletic shoes. The 10-day street hockey curriculum teaches the fundamental skills of street hockey, explains the basic rules of the game, and encourages the development of social skills inherent in team sports. From day 1, students will learn about the importance of safety and respect for others in their class environment. For days 2-6, they will engage in basic passing and shooting skills using fun and competitive drills which lead up to mini-games, 3-on-3 games, and full games during the last four days of the curriculum.
The Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout is an annual event inviting all schools from its physical education program to participate in a one-day street hockey festival at Honda Center. The featured portion of the event is a street hockey tournament in which fourth grade students from these schools compete against other schools for the perpetual Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Cup. During the event, spectators and participants can enjoy carnival type hockey games, a bbq cookout, music, prizes, and more!
Below you will find the schedule and groupings links for round robin play. This will be the schedule until 11:00 a.m., then consolation/playoff games will begin. Each team will be assigned their consolation/playoff game after their 3 round robin games are played.
You will also find the timeline for the day below. Please arrive early and plan for traffic in the morning with 32 teams arriving around the same time. When you check in on Saturday, you will receive your team’s jersey’s and Chick-Fil-A lunch vouchers. It should be warm day, but I would recommend wearing layers as it will be chilly in the morning.
For check-in/drop-off in the morning, you will be able to pull into parking Lot 5 (West of Honda Center) to unload at your village location. After dropping off, you will need to park in Lot 1 (south of Honda Center). Parking is free for everyone in attendance, please use designated crosswalks.
6:30AM – Check In
7:00AM – Coach Meeting
7:45AM – Opening Ceremony
8:15AM-11:00AM – Group Play
11:00AM-11:40AM – Lunch/Top Flight Game/Consolation Games
11:40AM-12:05PM – Conference Quarter Finals/ Consolation Lunch
12:10PM-12:35PM – Conference Semi Finals
12:40PM-1:05PM – Conference Finals
1:10PM-1:35PM – 3rd Place Game
1:15PM-1:45PM – Championship Game
2:00PM – Award Ceremony
Welcome 4th grade students and parents!
- 36 schools and 572 students participating in the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout for 2021.
- Roughly 1,500 spectators attended the tournament.
- The S.C.O.R.E. Shootout reinforces sportsmanship and fair play with the sportsmanship award and “Spirit Stick” trophy.
Tryout Dates Coming Soon!
*Students will wait with their class at the lunch tables until traffic is over and then come over to the inner road.
download and complete the tryout form.
2021 Practice Dates/Times:
More Information Coming Soon!
SCRIMMAGE 4TH & 5TH Grade Street Hockey Teams:
- Date Coming Soon (Scrimmage against last year’s Team...Now 5th Graders), Held by the ducks and they will bring the boards like last year.
- 5th Grade (Only if you were on last years’ team): If you want to participate please fill out Scrimmage Form
14th Annual Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout, 2021 DATE COMING SOON
Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Please sign and return this Participation Waiver to participate in the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout.
- Location: Honda Center Parking Lot; 2695 E. Katella Avenue; Anaheim, CA 92806 **In the event that there is a scheduling conflict with the Stanley Cup Playoffs schedule, we will have an alternate location available.
- Parking: Please park on the south side of the Honda Center parking lot. It’s important that all participants and spectators use the crosswalk to get across Douglass Ave.
- Students’ arrival time: Students’ arrival time: The opening ceremony at 7:45 a.m. will take place at the main rink (rink #1) followed by the singing of our Nation’s anthem. Please tell students to head to the rink by 7:00 a.m..
- Sportsmanship focus: Once again, the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout will be highlighting the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork. During the opening ceremony, all players (and coaches) will take part in the S.C.O.R.E. players’ oath collectively.
As a participant of the Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Shootouts oath and what they stand for is…
S – Set a good example for others
C – Cheer for everyone
O – Offer a gracious hand in victory and in defeat
R – Respect others and the rules
E – Encourage everyone to have FUN!
4. Street hockey equipment: Please remember to bring one stick per player as well as goalie equipment to the tournament. We will replace sticks, stick blades, and goalie equipment if they are damaged during game play.
5. Food: All coaches and players on the submitted rosters will receive a food voucher good for one free meal. Food vouchers will be in your check-in kit (containing jerseys, game programs, rosters, etc.) and can be redeemed at the concessions tent. Spectators at the event will be able to purchase breakfast and lunch items throughout the event.
See S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Information for more information.
*********ST. SERRA HOCKEY TEAM DETAILS FOR THE DAY OF THE EVENT*********
Street Hockey Shootout will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Honda Center. The tournament for the Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Cup will begin at 7:45AM and conclude with the championship game.
FIRST GAME is at 8:15, then 8:50 on RINK 5, AND 10:00 on RINK 6. (This is only pool play, WHEN we WIN, we will keep playing on)
See attached for full details: 2018 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Group Play Schedule
1. Please bring chairs!!!! Not a lot of places to sit.
2. Kids are provided lunch (however we have noticed a shift in the energy after they eat a whole burrito! We are thinking of saving those for later and having maybe ham, turkey or PB&J to munch on?)
3. Players need to be there at 7:00 @ the Honda Center Parking lot in spot 28 (School village). This is where we will be all day and set up!
4. Opening ceremonies start at 7:45 and however, we will have a mini practice beforehand that is why I need everyone there at 7am.
5. Students will bring their sticks we gave them with their Hockey shirts, socks, P.E. Shorts and Shin Guards!!! *Goalies: Bring the gear we gave you as well.
6. If/when we make it to the final game the whole day would/will end by 3:30pm (I know the schedule says differently but I have been doing this for a couple of years and it has never been on time. I know we have people that need to get places so plan on this time please.)
2018 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Group Play Schedule
|Serra Catholic vs. Fairmont North Tustin
|Rink 5 8:15am - 8:40a.m
|Fairmont North Tustin vs. Maranatha Christian
|Rink 4 8:50am-9:15am
|Serra Catholic vs. St. Norbert
|Rink 5 8:50am-9:15am
|St. Norbert vs. Maranatha Christian
|Rink 5 9:25am-9:50am
|Maranatha Christian vs. Serra Catholic
|Rink 6 10:00am-10:25am
|St. Norbert vs. Fairmont North Tustin
|Rink 6 10:35am-11:00am|
Your school can use their 20’ x 20’ designated area as a meeting/resting place between games. Due to the expansion of the tournament field, you will be allowed to set-up tables, one 10’ x 10’ tent, ice chests, chairs, etc. in this area. Only light-weight portable chairs are allowed outside this area and near the rinks.
See attached for full details: 2018 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Village Map
From 5:30-7:00 a.m., an access road leading to a School Village drop-off area will be open to all participants. This road is located off of Douglass Avenue and will re-open after the tournament.