S.C.O.R.E street Hockey Program
The Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey program is a FREE program designed to promote the game of hockey and physical fitness. The 10-day curriculum is intended to be taught as an in-school PE module and is guaranteed to be received by students with excitement. With the help of local educational organizations such as the Orange County Department of Education, the curriculum was created to follow the physical activity, fitness, balance, motor skills, and movement concepts listed in the California Physical Education Standards for 4th grade students. Street hockey, according to these organizations, is an age appropriate sport for 4th graders as it addresses many of the physical and mental outcomes for these students. Schools that are admitted into the program will receive a FULL donation of street hockey equipment which includes sticks, balls, nets, goaltender protection, and student instruction workbooks.
The Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey program is currently implemented in over 45 public and private schools throughout Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. All physical education teachers teaching this sport through Ducks S.C.O.R.E. receive an official teacher's manual containing the specialized 10-day curriculm as well as an invitation to the yearly teacher's seminar at Honda Center where they will learn hockey fundamentals and coaching tips from NHL Alumni and Anaheim Ducks' The-Rinks instructors.
Street hockey is an active sport that is played using a hockey stick fitted with a plastic blade, a specialized no bounce street hockey ball, and athletic shoes. The 10-day street hockey curriculum teaches the fundamental skills of street hockey, explains the basic rules of the game, and encourages the development of social skills inherent in team sports. From day 1, students will learn about the importance of safety and respect for others in their class environment. For days 2-6, they will engage in basic passing and shooting skills using fun and competitive drills which lead up to mini-games, 3-on-3 games, and full games during the last four days of the curriculum.
The Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout is an annual event inviting all schools from its physical education program to participate in a one-day street hockey festival at Honda Center. The featured portion of the event is a street hockey tournament in which fourth grade students from these schools compete against other schools for the perpetual Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Cup. During the event, spectators and participants can enjoy carnival type hockey games, a bbq cookout, music, prizes, and more!
When: Saturday; May 4, 2019
Where: Honda Center
April 30, 2016
First: Davis Magnet School Second: Fairmont Private School - North Tustin
Third: Serra Catholic School
MVP: Memphis Day Consolation Winner: Maranatha Christian Academy
Spirit Stick: Stoneybrooke Christian School
2016 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Bracket Results
2016 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Group Play Statistics
May 9, 2015
First: Friends Christian Second: Stoneybrook Christian School Third: Carden Academy of Mission Viejo
MVP: Dylan Graham Consolation Winner: Star View Elementary Spirit Stick: Davis Magnet School
May 10, 2014
First: Davis Magnet School Second: Friends Christian School MVP: Aiden Comeau
MVP: Blake Coelho Spirit Stick: St. Norbert School
Welcome 4th grade students and parents!
2018 4th-Grade Hockey Team
Bottom: Sofia M., Gavin G., Landon F., Grace S.
Middle: Luc C., Connor L., Logan B., Owen L., Jacob S., Justin W.
Top: Coach Rodriguez, Assistant Coach Logan L., Brendan R., Taylor Z., Griffin B., Brody D., Tommy B., Coach Lewis
Not Pictured: Mathew L., Assistant Coach Kellye R.
We are excited you are interested in joining the team! Below are all the details, from tryouts to the day of the event!
- 36 schools and 572 students participating in the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout for 2018.
- Roughly 1,500 spectators attended the tournament.
- The S.C.O.R.E. Shootout reinforces sportsmanship and fair play with the sportsmanship award and “Spirit Stick” trophy.
Tuesday, March 5 and Wednesday March 6, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. at St. Serra held on the inner road of campus.
*Students will wait with their class at the lunch tables until traffic is over and then come over to the inner road.
download and complete the tryout form.
Return completed form to Ms. Lewis or Mr. Rodriguez no later than Tuesday, March 4, 2019 by 3:00 p.m.
2019 Practice Dates/Times:
- All Practices will be held from: 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at St. Serra (*Students will wait with their class at the lunch tables until traffic is over and then come over to the inner road.)
- Tuesday and Thursday: 3/19, 3/21, 3/26, 3/28, 4/2, 4/4, 4/9, 4/11, 4/16, 4/30 (Scrimmage against last year’s Team...Now 5th Graders), 5/2
SCRIMMAGE 4TH & 5TH Grade Street Hockey Teams:
- 4/30 (Scrimmage against last year’s Team...Now 5th Graders), Held by the ducks and they will bring the boards like last year.
- I will start at 3:15 *Students will wait with their class at the lunch tables until traffic is over and then come over to the inner road.
- 5th Grade (Only if you were on last years’ team): If you want to participate please fill out Scrimmage Form
12th Annual Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout, Saturday, May 4, 2019
Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Please sign and return this Participation Waiver to participate in the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout.
- Location: Honda Center Parking Lot; 2695 E. Katella Avenue; Anaheim, CA 92806 **In the event that there is a scheduling conflict with the Stanley Cup Playoffs schedule, we will have an alternate location available.
- Parking: Please park on the south side of the Honda Center parking lot. It’s important that all participants and spectators use thecrosswalk to get across Douglass Ave.
- Students’ arrival time: Students’ arrival time: The opening ceremony at 7:45AM will take place at the main rink (rink #1) followed by the singing of our Nation’s anthem. Please tell students to head to the rink by 7:00AM.
- Sportsmanship focus: Once again, the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout will be highlighting the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork. During the opening ceremony, all players (and coaches) will take part in the S.C.O.R.E. players’ oath collectively.
As a participant of the Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Shootouts oath and what they stand for is…
S – Set a good example for others
C – Cheer for everyone
O – Offer a gracious hand in victory and in defeat
R – Respect others and the rules
E – Encourage everyone to have FUN!
4. Street hockey equipment: Please remember to bring one stick per player as well as goalie equipment to the tournament. We will replace sticks, stick blades, and goalie equipment if they are damaged during game play.
5. Food: All coaches and players on the submitted rosters will receive a food voucher good for one free meal. Food vouchers will be in your check-in kit (containing jerseys, game programs, rosters, etc.) and can be redeemed at the concessions tent. Spectators at the event will be able to purchase breakfast and lunch items throughout the event.
See S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Information 2019 for more information.
*********ST. SERRA HOCKEY TEAM DETAILS FOR THE DAY OF THE EVENT*********
Street Hockey Shootout will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Honda Center. The tournament for the Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Cup will begin at 7:45AM and conclude with the championship game.
FIRST GAME is at 8:15, then 8:50 on RINK 5, AND 10:00 on RINK 6. (This is only pool play, WHEN we WIN, we will keep playing on)
See attached for full details: 2018 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Group Play Schedule
1. Please bring chairs!!!! Not a lot of places to sit.
2. Kids are provided lunch (however we have noticed a shift in the energy after they eat a whole burrito! We are thinking of saving those for later and having maybe ham, turkey or PB&J to munch on?)
3. Players need to be there at 7:00 @ the Honda Center Parking lot in spot 28 (School village). This is where we will be all day and set up!
4. Opening ceremonies start at 7:45 and however, we will have a mini practice beforehand that is why I need everyone there at 7am.
5. Students will bring their sticks we gave them with their Hockey shirts, socks, P.E. Shorts and Shin Guards!!! *Goalies: Bring the gear we gave you as well.
6. If/when we make it to the final game the whole day would/will end by 3:30pm (I know the schedule says differently but I have been doing this for a couple of years and it has never been on time. I know we have people that need to get places so plan on this time please.)
2018 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Group Play Schedule
|Serra Catholic vs. Fairmont North Tustin
|Rink 5 8:15am - 8:40a.m
|Fairmont North Tustin vs. Maranatha Christian
|Rink 4 8:50am-9:15am
|Serra Catholic vs. St. Norbert
|Rink 5 8:50am-9:15am
|St. Norbert vs. Maranatha Christian
|Rink 5 9:25am-9:50am
|Maranatha Christian vs. Serra Catholic
|Rink 6 10:00am-10:25am
|St. Norbert vs. Fairmont North Tustin
|Rink 6 10:35am-11:00am|
Your school can use their 20’ x 20’ designated area as a meeting/resting place between games. Due to the expansion of the tournament field, you will be allowed to set-up tables, one 10’ x 10’ tent, ice chests, chairs, etc. in this area. Only light-weight portable chairs are allowed outside this area and near the rinks.
See attached for full details: 2018 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Village Map
From 5:30-7:00 a.m., an access road leading to a School Village drop-off area will be open to all participants. This road is located off of Douglass Avenue and will re-open after the tournament.