The Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey program is a FREE program designed to promote the game of hockey and physical fitness. The 10-day curriculum is intended to be taught as an in-school PE module and is guaranteed to be received by students with excitement. With the help of local educational organizations such as the Orange County Department of Education, the curriculum was created to follow the physical activity, fitness, balance, motor skills, and movement concepts listed in the California Physical Education Standards for 4th grade students. Street hockey, according to these organizations, is an age appropriate sport for 4th graders as it addresses many of the physical and mental outcomes for these students. Schools that are admitted into the program will receive a FULL donation of street hockey equipment which includes sticks, balls, nets, goaltender protection, and student instruction workbooks.
The Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey program is currently implemented in over 45 public and private schools throughout Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. All physical education teachers teaching this sport through Ducks S.C.O.R.E. receive an official teacher's manual containing the specialized 10-day curriculm as well as an invitation to the yearly teacher's seminar at Honda Center where they will learn hockey fundamentals and coaching tips from NHL Alumni and Anaheim Ducks' The-Rinks instructors.
Street hockey is an active sport that is played using a hockey stick fitted with a plastic blade, a specialized no bounce street hockey ball, and athletic shoes. The 10-day street hockey curriculum teaches the fundamental skills of street hockey, explains the basic rules of the game, and encourages the development of social skills inherent in team sports. From day 1, students will learn about the importance of safety and respect for others in their class environment. For days 2-6, they will engage in basic passing and shooting skills using fun and competitive drills which lead up to mini-games, 3-on-3 games, and full games during the last four days of the curriculum.
The Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout is an annual event inviting all schools from its physical education program to participate in a one-day street hockey festival at Honda Center. The featured portion of the event is a street hockey tournament in which fourth grade students from these schools compete against other schools for the perpetual Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Cup. During the event, spectators and participants can enjoy carnival type hockey games, a bbq cookout, music, prizes, and more!
When: Saturday; April 28, 2018 at 8:00 AM
Where: Honda Center
April 30, 2016
First: Davis Magnet School Second: Fairmont Private School - North Tustin
Third: Serra Catholic School
MVP: Memphis Day Consolation Winner: Maranatha Christian Academy
Spirit Stick: Stoneybrooke Christian School
2016 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Bracket Results
2016 S.C.O.R.E. Shootout Group Play Statistics
May 9, 2015
First: Friends Christian Second: Stoneybrook Christian School Third: Carden Academy of Mission Viejo
MVP: Dylan Graham Consolation Winner: Star View Elementary Spirit Stick: Davis Magnet School
May 10, 2014
First: Davis Magnet School Second: Friends Christian School MVP: Aiden Comeau
MVP: Blake Coelho Spirit Stick: St. Norbert School
Welcome 4th grade students and parents!
We are excited you are interested in joining the team. Below are all the details, from tryouts to the day of the event!
- 24 schools and 360 students participated in past S.C.O.R.E. Shootout seasons.
- Roughly 1,000 spectators attended the tournament.
- The S.C.O.R.E. Shootout reinforces sportsmanship and fair play with the sportsmanship award and “Spirit Stick” trophy.
Wednesday March 7, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. at St. Serra held on the inner
road of campus.
*Students will wait with their class at the lunch tables until traffic is over and then come over to the inner road.
CLICK HERE to download and complete the tryout form.
Return completed form to Ms. Lewis or Mr. Rodriguez no later than Tuesday, March 6, 2018 by 3:00 p.m.
- All Practices will be held from: 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at St. Serra
- Monday and Wednesday: 3/19, 3/21, 3/26, 3/28, 4/9, 4/11, 4/16, 4/18, 4/23, 4/25
Day of Shootout and Information
Please sign and return this Participation Waiver to participate in the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout.
1. Parking: Please park on the south side of the Honda Center parking lot. It’s important that all participants and spectators use the crosswalk to get across Douglass Ave.
2. Students’ arrival time: The opening ceremony at 7:45 a.m. will take place at the main rink (rink #1) followed by the singing of our Nation’s anthem. Please tell students to head to the rink by 7:30 a.m.
3. Sportsmanship focus: Once again, the S.C.O.R.E. Shootout will be highlighting the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork. During the opening ceremony, all players (and coaches) will take part in the S.C.O.R.E. players’ oath collectively.
As a participant of the Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Shootouts oath and what they stand for is…
S – Set a good example for others
C – Cheer for everyone
O – Offer a gracious hand in victory and in defeat
R – Respect others and the rules
E – Encourage everyone to have FUN!
4. Street hockey equipment: Please remember to bring one stick per player as well as goalie equipment to the tournament. We will replace sticks, stick blades, and goalie equipment if they are damaged during game play.
5. Food: All coaches and players on the submitted rosters will receive a food voucher good for one free meal. Food vouchers will be in your check-in kit (containing jerseys, game programs, rosters, etc.) and can be redeemed at the concessions tent. Spectators at the event will be able to purchase food items from Wahoo’s Fish Taco, Chick-fil-A, Honda Center Food and Beverage, and Kool Kahuna Shave Ice during the event.
School Village: Your school can use the designated 30’x30’ area as a meeting/resting place between games. You will be allowed to set-up tables, tents, ice chests, chairs, etc. in this area. Only light-weight portable chairs are allowed outside this area and near the rinks.
From 5:30-7:00 am, an access road leading to a School Village drop-off area will be open to all participants. This road is located off of Douglass Avenue and will re-open after the tournament.
St. Serra Hockey Team details for the day of the event:
Street Hockey Shootout will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2018 at Honda Center. The tournament for the Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Cup will begin at 7:45AM and conclude with the championship game.
FIRST GAME is at 8:15, then 9:25, AND 10:35 on RINK 1. (This is only
pool play, WHEN we WIN, we will keep playing on)
Please bring chairs!!!! Not a lot of places to sit.
2. Kids are provided lunch (however we have noticed a shift in the energy after they eat a whole burrito! We are thinking of saving those for later and having maybe ham, turkey or PB&J to munch on?)
3. Players need to be there at 7:15 @ the Honda Center Parking lot in spot 22 (School village). This is where we will be all day and set up!
4. Opening ceremonies start at 7:45 and then we will have a mini practice
5. Students will bring their sticks we gave them
with their shirt, socks, P.E. Shorts and Shin Guards!!!
6. If/when we make it to the final game the whole day would/will end by 3:30pm (I know the schedule says differently but I have been doing this for a couple of years and it has never been on time. I know we have people that need to get places so plan on this time please.)