The goal of the Campus Ministry Program of St. Junipero Serra Catholic School is to develop and nurture the Catholic, Christian identity of the students of SJSC's Middle School. The Program strives to provide experiences in which the students can practice and explore their Catholic identity and faith. The purpose of Campus Ministry is:
• To acquaint the 6th – 8th-grade students with the person of Jesus Christ: His life, His ministry, and His message.
• To give the 6th – 8th-grade students the experience of liturgy, ceremony, and prayer opportunities that they can enjoy as beautiful and symbolic forms of worship.
• To give the 6th – 8th grade students a forum to discuss the moral implications of the choices, actions, and decisions that are inherent in their journey toward maturity.
• To help the 6th – 8th-grade students form a value-driven personal and social conscience which will allow them to feel responsibility for the welfare of others and of society as a whole.
• To help the 6th – 8th-grade students understand that he/she is a member of the Catholic Church and, as such, should be acquainted with the beliefs, practices and rich history of the Church.
• To make 6th – 8th-grade students feel that he/she is an important part of his/her Catholic parish.
• To allow the 6th – 8th-grade students feel a sense of community and friendship with other students at school in a faith and values setting and to provide an opportunity for teachers and parents to encourage the faith life of the students of St. Junipero Serra Catholic School.
Participation in the Campus Ministry Program includes a nominal fee which off-sets the cost of the program activities, meeting refreshments, and supervision costs. Participants are also required to sign a Participation Agreement. Meeting dates are provided on the Participation Agreement.