Interested in Coaching a Sport?
St. Junipero Serra Catholic School is accepting all applications for anyone interested in coaching a Sport.
Contact: Brock Gozbak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Volleyball, Boys Flag Football and Spirit Squad
Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Girls Lacrosse, Boys Lacrosse and Spirit Squad
Boys Volleyball, Coed Soccer, Track and Field (Grades 1-8)
High School students are eligible to coach provided that team is registered in the name of a responsible adult coach (18 years of age or older) who will occupy a position on the team bench during each game.
CLICK HERE for Coaching Applications and PAL Code of Ethics – Coaches
High School and college students are eligible to coach provided that team is registered in the name of a responsible adult coach (18 years of age or older) who will occupy a position on the team bench during each game.
General Statement of Responsibility: The head coach of each sport has the responsibility of carrying on the sport in the best interest of SJSC by adhering to the Policies and Regulations as outlined in SJSC's After-School Sports as well as the PAL handbook. Furthermore, each head coach should have a working knowledge of individual building practices for their sport.
1. Fingerprinted by the Diocese of Orange
2. Online Safe Environment Training
3. CPR/First Aid Certified
4. All perspective Coaches Must complete an application. (We accept applications for all coaching positions each season of each year.)
5. Meet with Athletic Director Prior to the First Practice
6. Catholic Coaching Essentials Course (recommended):
A. The Athletic Director will select each coach
B. Parent coaches may only serve as Head Coach for one athletic team per school year when there are other candidates of equal or similar qualifications interested in the position. Parent Coaches will assist athletic directors in evaluating athletes during tryouts.
C. All coaches will strive to develop every player’s skill level and inherent talent. Rules and strategies will be taught, and sportsmanship and teamwork will be stressed.
D. The following issues will be determined at each individual coach’s discretion:
c. Amount of playing time per athlete, per game
E. Coaches must not over-burden a player’s academic schedule with excessive practices. There shall be no more than three team meetings/practices per week (tournaments/ playoffs exceptions).
F. All coaches will submit practice and game schedules to administration for approval the week after the team roster is posted.
G. It is mandatory that “A” level coaches be committed to participate in play-offs and tournaments.
H. All coaches must comply with the school’s Live Scan Fingerprinting, CPR Certification, and TB Testing policies.
I. Parent coaches will assist athletic directors in evaluating athletes during tryouts.
In accordance with SJSC's After-School Sports Handbook..
1. Coaches will carry the After-School Sports Binder and a First Aid Kit with them to every game. The After-School Sports Binder will hold Emergency Forms for each athlete on their roster.
2. Coaches and Team Parents will see that all athletes are supervised before, during, and after contests.
3. Coaches, athletes, and parents will abide all rules of school: no trash left behind, respect property, follow parking instructions for participating schools.
4. Coaches and athletes will make sure all equipment and uniforms are accounted for before departing.
5. Coaches will remain with all athletes until they are picked up after each game.