After-School Sports Program
The Athletic Program of SJSC is a Christ-centered program that contributes to the development of the individual player in every aspect: spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social. The coaches strive to enable the student athletes to learn the values of good sportsmanship, as well as responsibility to one’s team, school and self. The Athletic Program is a competitive sports program competing against other schools of the same caliber. Striving to excel is very important in that it teaches the student athlete to be the best person they can be, making them proud of themselves and their accomplishments.
The Athletic Program at St. Junipero Serra Catholic School strives to develop:
- Confidence, positive self esteem, and moral character
- The social skills to effectively interact and cooperate with others
- An understanding of commitment, responsibility, and loyalty
- An ability to control emotions and display good sportsmanship
- The skill, ability and knowledge needed to compete successfully