- Do you need to be Catholic to apply?
- What grades do you offer?
- What is the class size for preschool, elementary and middle school?
- Do the students have to wear a uniform?
- How does St. Junipero Serra Catholic score on standardized testing?
- Do you have before and after school programs?
- How Do I Apply to the School?
- Educational Costs?
- St Serra's Required Service Hours Program
- Diocesan Volunteer Requirements:
- Placement Assessments
- Is there a Bus Program?
Your family does not need to be Roman Catholic to apply; however, St. Junipero Serra Catholic School is a ministry of the Diocese of Orange. Acceptances are based on the following Priority of Admissions:
1) Siblings of currently, registered St. Junipero Serra Catholic students.
2) Active, participating parishioners at one of our four parishes:
a.) Holy Trinity , Ladera Ranch, CA
b.) Saint Kilian, Mission Viejo, CA
c.) San Francisco Solano, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
d.) Santiago de Compostela, Lake Forest, CA
3) Active, participating parishioners at a Catholic parish, other than our 4 parishes, who do not have a Catholic school on their site. Please note that if your parish does have a Catholic school, a school recommendation is required.
4) Non-practicing Catholics may also be required to meet with our President and/or Chaplain.
5) Families of other faiths may also be required to meet with our President and/or Chaplain.
CLICK HERE for the Parish Recommendation Form.
We offer Preschool through 8th grade.
Our preschool program offers programs for 3-year-olds, young 4's and Pre-K (4-year old) students. Please see the Admissions Preschool page for additional information regarding our Preschool Program.
- Preschool maintains a maximum class size of 18 students per class.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) maintains approximately 15 students per teacher in TK . The TK grade level has 2 teachers and 3 full-time instructional aides.
- Kindergarten maintains a maximum homeroom of 25 students per class. Our Kindergarten classes are assisted by a full-time instructional assistant in each class.
- Grades 1-8 Homeroom class size ranges from 25-30 students. First and second grade teachers are assisted by a full-time instructional assistant in each class.
- Core curriculum classes in English/Language Arts (ELA) and Math maintain an average class size of 21-22 students in grades 1-8.
Yes. Please refer to our Extended Care web page for fees and additional information on our extended care program.
In addition, we have a variety of After School classes. After school classes are available each day (Monday through Thursday.) After school classes vary throughout the year and are fee-based. Some examples of after-school classes include: coding and robotics, Young Rembrandt’s Art, Piano lessons, cooking, dance, and science classes. These fee-based programs are run directly through the after school company and are held in various classrooms on our campus.
Our dynamic St. Serra community thrives on our parents’ time, talent and treasure. To best manage these resources, each family is required to perform sixty (60) hours of service and to commit their time for two of our major fundraisers. Each family is responsible for recording their regular service hours online via the Record Service Hours page on our website.
Please note that the Diocese of Orange requires each volunteer to:
1. Have Diocesan fingerprint clearance, and also
2. Complete Diocesan Safe Environment Training.
Both requirements must be fulfilled before the Diocese will permit volunteering with children. See Volunteer Requirements or contact the School Office for an information and Volunteer Requirement packet.
Transitional Kindergarten applicants do not require an assessment, but it is recommended that your child be assessed by Chancy and Bruce Educational Resources. Admissions will provide you Chancy and Bruce's contact information once we receive your child's application.
Kindergarten applicants require a current assessment with Chancy and Bruce Education Resources. Please contact the Admissions Office for Chancy and Bruce contact information.
- If your incoming Kindergarten applicant was tested by Chancy and Bruce at their preschool recently, you may provide a copy of the assessment to our Admissions Office when you apply and we will verify if a new assessment is necessary.
Grades 1-8 will require a copy of their final report card from the previous year and a copy of the most recent report card, as well as standardized test scores (if applicable.)
- In addition, if a student is accepted for grades 1-8, placement tests may be required.
Yes. St. Junipero Serra Catholic School is pleased to offer SJSC families the option of bus transportation for their students. For more information on route locations including pick-up and drop-off times, please e-mail email@example.com.