Admissions TK-8th Grade
Dear Prospective Parents,
Welcome to St. Junipero Serra Catholic School! We are honored to assist your family as you embark on your journey in discovering a school that embraces your child’s spiritual, academic and developmental growth. We are pleased to offer a school with a wide-ranging academic program to suit your child’s learning abilities. In addition, we provide a variety of extra-curricular classes including art, music, physical education, Spanish and technology. Our school strives to continue our strong, Catholic identity which is why religion is the cornerstone of our school and is experienced throughout the day. Please contact the Admissions Office and we will be happy to assist you with your questions. You may also schedule a tour of our campus. If you wish to schedule a tour, please use the link provided.
We look forward to meeting you in the near future.
The Admissions Team
If you would like to begin your TK-8 Application click Apply Now below.
- Admission to St. Junipero Serra Catholic School
- New Students (Priority of Admission)
- Admissions Age Requirement
- Shadow Program
- Student Learning Support Program
Preference in admission shall be given to practicing members of the four Catholic Parish communities: Holy Trinity, San Francisco Solano, Santiago de Compostela and St. Kilian. Parents must subscribe to the school’s philosophy and agree to abide by the educational policies and regulations of the school.
All applicants require a parish recommendation (if you are Catholic) or a recommendation from St. Junipero Serra Catholic School’s Chaplain or the current Lead Pastor, for all non-practicing Catholics or families of other faiths. Parents/guardians are encouraged to check with their parish for specific criteria and guidelines used by their Pastor in determining a family’s recommendation and admission to St. Junipero Serra Catholic School.
CLICK HERE for the Parish Recommendation Form.
After all applications have been reviewed by the Pastors, recommendations for openings will be made based on the Priority of Admissions Policy as outlined below:
For Returning Families: Pastors will recommend admission to the President for returning families based on active family participation in the life of their parish. Then Pastors will recommend admission for siblings of currently registered St. Junipero Serra Catholic School families, based on active family participation in the life of their parish.
For New Families: Pastors will recommend admission to the President for students of registered members of Holy Trinity, San Francisco Solano, Santiago de Compostela, or St. Kilian, based on active participation in the life of their parish, subject to the remaining available spaces.
Out of Parish Families: Once applications from registered families have been considered, applications from families who are not registered with one of our four parishes will be reviewed for consideration.
If additional openings are available, families of non- practicing Catholics or families of other faiths may be considered for admissions.
Re-admission is not automatic. Active family participation in parish life is evaluated by the Pastor(s) annually.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Requirements:
- Children must be 5 years old by December 1
- Developmental assessment may be required by the Administration
- Children must be 5 years old by September 1
- Children undergo a screening assessment to determine developmental readiness for St. Junipero Serra Catholic School’s Kindergarten Program, which is administered by Chancy & Bruce Educational Resources, Inc.
- Screening assessments are by appointment only.
First through Eighth Grade Requirements:
- To determine if St. Junipero Serra Catholic School can meet the needs of the student, all potential new students are required to take an assessment. Screening assessments are by appointment only. The results will be a factor in admitting new students.
- Each child must submit a report card for the previous grading period and most recent testing scores from his/her current school.
- A review by the Principal will determine readiness for St. Junipero Serra Catholic Schools’ curriculum, placement and admissions.
Middle School students may be required to participate in an interview with the faculty/staff.
St. Junipero Serra Catholic School will accept any child for whom an appropriate program can be designed and implemented following its prescribed admissions procedures. Each child is to be admitted for admission to, and will continue enrollment in St. Junipero Serra Catholic School, based upon his/her emotional, academic and physical needs and the resources available to the school in meeting those needs. The final decision in this matter will be determined by the St. Junipero Serra Catholic School Administrators.
Ever wonder what it’s like to be a Serra Bear? The best way to discover what life is like at St. Serra is to shadow our school! We will match your child with a current St. Serra student who shares their interests. Your child will have the opportunity to ask questions, tour our campus, attend classes, and gain insight into student life at St. Serra! Please contact Mrs. Gina M. Kersten at email@example.com to schedule a visit!
Every student is a child of God and is deserving of an opportunity to receive the best Catholic education possible. St. Junipero Serra Catholic School supports and complements the parents/guardians in their responsibility as the primary educators of their children. Our mission is to teach the gospel and to model Jesus Christ. Our primary goals are to assist students to grow into the fullness of life in Jesus, to be members of the community of believers, and to teach the redeeming message of God’s love. We strive to develop the whole child: physically, intellectually, morally, psychologically, socially and spiritually.
Recognizing that a Catholic School education should be available to all who desire it, St. Junipero Serra Catholic School strives to accept all students for whom an appropriate program can be designed and implemented.
The goals of our Student Learning Support Program are:
- to serve as a Christ-like model in respecting each student as a unique gift of God
- to recognize and respond to the learning styles and needs of each student and to develop the unique potential of each student
- to create the most appropriate learning environment which will allow students to have as much success in all areas of the curriculum as possible, and to become productive members of the classroom
- to provide for ongoing evaluation of each student’s program