Preschool Extended Care Program
Statement of Philosophy
The Preschool Extended Care Program supplements the preschool programs and supports St. Serra's families by providing high-quality child care before and after preschool in a safe and nurturing environment. The Preschool Extended Care Program is viewed as a natural extension of the preschool’s daily program. As such, the program is closed when the school is closed, including holidays, Christmas and Easter break, and summer vacation.
The Preschool Extended Care Program provides before and after-school child care to all enrolled preschool students in the Preschool classrooms and playground area. The preschool children do not interact with students in the TK-8 extended care program. Parents must sign their preschool child out of the Preschool Extended Care Program upon departure each day.
The Preschool Extended Care Program is for 3 and 4- year-olds enrolled in a morning program at the Preschool who would like a longer school day. The hours are 6:30 a.m.-7:10 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. A variety of activities designed to enhance the preschool curriculum are offered, including sensory activities, arts and crafts, science, dramatic play, story time, indoor and outdoor play time. Children bring their own lunch, as well as an additional snack, to Preschool Extended Care.
For questions regarding Preschool Extended Care, please contact Mrs. Toni Botterill, Assistant to the Principal, at (949)888-1990 ext. 166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Morning Preschool Extended Care Program
- Afternoon Preschool Extended Care Program
- Admission Requirements
- Hours of Operation
- Snacks and Lunch
- Rest Time
- Fee Schedule
- Preschool Extended Care Program Information
Hours are 11:15 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. This program includes lunch and snack times, rest time, arts & crafts, indoor and outdoor play, and small group activities in the Preschool classrooms.
The Afternoon Preschool Extended Care Program schedule is:
11:15 a.m. Preschool students who are not going home when preschool ends eat lunch together (students bring their own lunch) and have outdoor play time on the preschool playground.
12:30 p.m. Preschool students have rest time (some students nap and others have quiet time on their cot).
2:00 p.m. Dismissal for preschool students with siblings in grades TK-2. Remaining preschoolers have indoor play time and activities.
2:40 p.m. Dismissal for preschool students with siblings in grades 3-8. Remaining preschoolers have indoor play time and activities.
3:10-6:00 p.m. Remaining preschoolers eat snack (students bring their own snack), have indoor and outdoor play time, and do arts & crafts activities in Preschool Classroom D.
Preschool students who will be picked up when an older sibling is dismissed can register for Preschool Extended Care in order to be picked up at the same time as their siblings or carpools.
The Preschool Extended Care Program provides services for students enrolled in a St. Junipero Serra Catholic Preschool program, on the days the student is registered to attend preschool. For example, if your child attends preschool on M/W/F, then he/she is eligible to attend Preschool Extended Care on M/W/F only.
State licensing laws require a rest period for any full day preschool classroom. This rest period does not exceed two hours. Children will need to spend some quiet time resting on their cots. We will provide your child with a cot and a sheet with your child’s name on it. Your child may bring a cot-sized pillow, small blanket, and a small stuffed animal to school for rest time. These items will be sent home at the end of each week for laundering. Please remember to return the items the following Monday or Tuesday. Please send your child’s rest time items labeled with your child’s name in a reusable tote bag (no plastic, please). All items must fit in your child’s cubby.
The Preschool Extended Care (PSEC) Program is self-supporting, thus fees are charged in addition to your child’s educational cost. There are three payment options available: Drop In, Hourly and Flat Rate.
1) Drop-In Rate Plan – There is no yearly Registration Fee or PSEC Fee Agreement required for this plan. The cost is $12.50 per child, per hour, charged in quarter-hour increments. A minimum of 30 minutes will be billed for any preschool extended care usage. You will receive a billing email at the beginning of each month from FACTS for the previous month’s usage. The amount due will automatically be deducted from your bank account on file on the due date. This plan is recommended for occasional or emergency use.
2) Hourly Rate Plan – There is a one-time $50 Registration Fee per child for this plan, and the PSEC Fee Agreement must be completed, signed, and returned to Mrs. Toni Botterill. The cost is $10.50 per child, per hour, charged in quarter-hour increments. A minimum of 30 minutes will be billed for any preschool extended care usage. You will receive a billing email at the beginning of each month from FACTS for the previous month’s usage. The amount due will be automatically deducted from your bank account on file on the due date. Your one-time registration payment will be automatically drafted through FACTS upon completion of the Fee Agreement.
3) Flat Rate Plan – The Flat Rate plan allows unlimited usage, both in the morning and afternoon on the days your child is registered to attend preschool. There is a one-time $50 Registration Fee per child for this plan, and the PSEC Fee Agreement must be completed, signed, and returned to Mrs. Toni Botterill. You will receive an email from FACTS once your payment plan has been set up by the Accounting & Finance Office. Preschool extended care fees will be automatically deducted monthly on the 20th of each month beginning in August, or semi-annually in August 2019 and January 2020, or annually in August 2019, depending on which payment plan you choose. Your one-time registration payment will be automatically drafted through FACTS. The Flat Rate plan has been divided to be paid in 10 equal monthly installments. The monthly payments do not equate to monthly usage. The Flat Rate fees have been pro-rated for the entire year to include non-operational days and are paid in equal, monthly installments, taking into consideration that there are periodic holidays, in-service days and vacations. Therefore, there will be no reduction of fees for the months where holidays, in-service days, and vacations occur. This plan is recommended for students who will use over 3.5 hours of care per day (2 days/week preschool program), over 3.5 hours of care per day (3 days/week preschool program), or over 3.0 hours of care per day (5 days/week preschool programs).
The fees for the flat rate plan are:
2 Day Program Fee Per Child: Annual: $2,690 Semi-annual: $1,345 Monthly: $269
3 Day Program Fee Per Child: Annual: $3,740 Semi-annual: $1,870 Monthly: $374
5 Day Program Fee Per Child: Annual: $5,440 Semi-annual: $2,720 Monthly: $544
Please Note: If students are registered for the flat rate plan after August 20, 2019, the program amount will be subject to a recalculation based on the remaining school days.
PLEASE NOTE: Preschool Extended Care rate plan changes are limited to one rate change per student per school year, and the rate change must be received on or before March 31, 2020.
The PSEC Fee Agreement (required for the hourly and flat rate plans) is available on the St. Serra website.
For questions regarding Preschool Extended Care, please contact Mrs. Toni Botterill, Assistant to the Principal, at (949)888-1990 ext. 166 or email email@example.com.