Renaissance STAR Testing
Please read more about Renaissance STAR Testing in the Parents Guide to STAR Assessment
The Renaissance STAR testing windows for 2019-2020
- Fall: September 4 - September 18 (grades 1-8) - CLICK HERE to view the schedule.
- Winter: January 13 - January 24 (grades K-8)
- Year End: May 11 - May 22 (grades K-8)
- GRADES 2-8 must have earbuds (earphones) for testing.
- All students in Grades 2-8 will take the STAR Reading and STAR Math assessments.
- First Grade students will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessment during the fall and transition to the STAR Reading and Math assessments in winter and spring.
- Kindergarten will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessments in winter and spring.
- Students will take the STAR Reading assessment during their ELA class and the STAR Math assessment during their Math class.
- If your child will be absent on the day of the assessment, please notify his/her teacher by email so that your child can be scheduled for a makeup session.
- Please be sure to review your child's September scores between September 25 and January 6. Please keep in mind that these assessments represent one snapshot in time and are only one measure of your student's skills at that time.
HELPFUL TEST-TAKING NOTES
- Make sure your children have eaten well on test days. Studies suggest that good nutrition is related to improved attention and concentration.
- Help your children by encouraging a good night's rest.
- Ensure that your children make it to school on time so that they do not miss any instructions and are allowed ample time to settle in and relax before the test begins.
- Please do not schedule dental or doctor appointments on testing days.
- Although it is important to let students know the tests should be taken seriously, it is also important not to increase any test-taking anxiety.