Renaissance STAR Testing
Please read more about Renaissance STAR Testing in the Parents Guide to STAR Assessment
- September 5 – September 15, 2017
- January 16 – January 26, 2018
- May 7– May 18, 2018
- GRADES 5-8 must have earbuds (earphones) for testing.
- Students grades 1-4 will be provided headphones in the technology lab.
- The Fall assessment schedule takes into account the Mass celebrating the new school year on Tuesday, September 12, and the Labor Day holiday on Monday, September 4.
- All students in Grades 2-8 will take the STAR Reading and STAR Math assessments.
- First Grade students will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessment during the fall and transition to the STAR Reading and Math assessments in winter and spring.
- Kindergarten will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessments in winter and spring.
- Please see schedule below. Grades K-4 will take the STAR assessments in the Mac Lab. Grades 5-8 will take the STAR Reading assessment during their ELA class and the STAR Math assessment during their Math class.
- If your child will be absent on the day of the assessment, please notify his/her teacher by email so that your child can be scheduled for a makeup session.
- Please be sure to review your child’s January scores between September 16 and and January 15. Please keep in mind that these assessments represent one snapshot in time and are only one measure of your student’s skills at that time.
HELPFUL TEST-TAKING NOTES
- Make sure your children have eaten well on test days. Studies suggest that good nutrition is related to improved attention and concentration.
- Help your children by encouraging a good night's rest.
- Ensure that your children make it to school on time so that they do not miss any instructions and are allowed ample time to settle in and relax before the test begins.
- Please do not schedule dental or doctor appointments on testing days.
- Although it is important to let students know the tests should be taken seriously, it is also important not to increase any test-taking anxiety.