Christian Service Projects
St. Junipero Serra Catholic students live out a Faith-Filled Life and Missionary Spirit throughout the year by participating in various school-wide Christian Service Projects. This year our school once again plans to support the following organizations;
- Pennies from Heaven, working in partnership with St. Kilian Parish in celebration of Respect for Life, students fill baby bottles with extra change with proceeds going to young women throughout Orange County who choose life.
- Baby Shower & Clothing Drive, to support Loaves & Fishes, an organization in Santa Ana which supports underprivileged families within our community.
- Operation Rice Bowl, during Lent, students support Catholic Relief Services by filling up cardboard rice bowl containers with spare change. These funds go to CRS, which aids food security around the world.
- Food for Friends, each month students are actively involved in collecting food for our community supporting the food pantries at each of our parishes.
Proposed dates for Food 4 Friends School Year 2016-17:
- Friday September 9, 2016 -St. Kilian
- Friday October 14, 2016 -San Francisco Solano
- Friday November 11, 2016 -Santiago de Compostela
- Friday December 9, 2016 -St. Kilian
- Friday January 13, 2017-San Francisco Solano
- Friday February 10, 2017 -Santiago de Compostela
- Friday March 10, 2017-St. Kilian
- Friday April 7, 2017 -San Francisco Solano
- Friday May 12, 2017- Santiago de Compostela
- Missionary Childhood Association, at every mass, students are encouraged to bring a small donation, to support MCA, an international organization dedicated to fostering children's awareness of the importance of missionary work within our Church.
St. Junipero Serra Catholic School embarks upon additional grade level service projects. Each grade has selected a particular organization to support. The anticipated schedule follows, please watch for upcoming calendar dates.
Classroom Service Projects 2016-17
Kindergarten ✞ Humane Society
First Grade ✞ Supporting Our Troops
Second Grade ✞ Supporting the Elderly
Third Grade ✞ Pediatric Cancer - NEGU
Fourth Grade ✞ Homeless Shelters
Fifth Grade ✞ Laura's House - Pajama Program
Sixth Grade ✞ First Responders - Fire/Police
Seventh Grade ✞ Respect Life-baby supplies
Eighth Grade ✞ St. Poly Carp School