What is the Scrip Program?
Scrip is a unique and vital fundraising program, which costs you nothing, but generates rebates which can benefit St. Serra and you.
How does it work?
St. Serra offers scrip (gift certificates or gift cards) for more than 100 different merchants: grocery, drug stores, restaurants, and many other retailers. Families choose scrip gift certificates for stores where they regularly shop! The merchants sell the scrip to St. Serra at a discounted price (Our school sells the scrip to families at the face value price). Scrip rebates help parents meet their Financial Participation Fee of $275 and keep tuition and fees as affordable as possible for all students. Periodic statements are sent during the school year to inform you of your year-to-date scrip rebate.
How do families use it?
Here’s an example: A St. Serra family may shop at Albertson’s and buy $100 per week in groceries. The family would purchase $100 in Albertson’s scrip at St. Serra by writing a check for $100 to St. Serra. The family receives $100 in Albertson’s gift cards in return. Then the family goes shopping as usual. At the cashier, instead of writing a check or using your ATM card, the family pays with scrip, using it just like cash! The only difference is that a rebate of $5 is earned because the family used scrip!
How do I register for St. Serra’s pre-authorized electronic Scrip merchants?
Some merchants have electronic scrip. St. Serra participates in “eScrip”, an electronic scrip company. With “eScrip”, every time you “shop and swipe” an “eScrip” registered card (i.e. ATM debit card, Visa card, member card, Discover card, Diners Club card, American Express card ) at an eScrip registered merchant, your eligible purchases can generate a rebate to help meet your St. Serra Financial Participation Fee. For more details, you can go online to www.escrip.com . St. Serra's eScrip Group ID # is 136559531. We also participate in Ralph's electronic program. You may access this information on line at www.ralphs.com. St. Serra's non-profit number for Ralph's is 84466. See Serra website Parents>Scrip Program>Electronic Scrip for registration details.
How do we buy scrip?
Daily Scrip is sold by parent volunteers. Payments are by cash or check only.
Scrip Sales Hours: Monday - Friday in the St. Serra School Scrip Office, 7:40 – 8:30 a.m.
Not able to purchase scrip during normal sales hours? Here are 2 other options:
Daily Scrip Envelope Order– Daily orders are due to the School Office by 8:30 a.m. and are returned on the next school day (as directed by your Backpack Waiver). Daily order amount may not exceed $500 and will be limited to stock on hand.
Weekly Scrip Envelope Order– Weekly orders are due to the School Office by 8:30 a.m. on Mondays and returned on Thursdays (as directed by your Backpack Waiver). The Weekly Order provides families with over 100 merchants to choose from and is limited to $5,000.
The Daily and Weekly Envelope order forms are available at the bottom of this page under Forms to Download TK-8.
Scrip can also be purchased by using our two online programs. Please see the scripsense and shopwithscrip tabs at the bottom of this page.
How can extended family and friends help me with scrip?
Extended family or friends can buy scrip or become an eScrip, or Ralphs supporter. Please have your family and friends fill out a Scrip Program Agreement available on-line at www.serraschool.org under Parents>Scrip Program>Forms to Download TK-8. Have your family or friend select your family to support. This form must be submitted to the Scrip Coordinator for your family to get proper credit.
For Scrip Program questions, please contact our Scrip Coordinator, Tina Maroutian at (949) 888-1990 ext. 121 or email at email@example.com.
- Scrip Program Participation Guidelines & Protocols
- Forms to Download TK-8
- Shopwithscrip Program
- Electronic Scrip Program
The SCRIP Program is one of the major vehicles for obtaining funds for St. Junipero Serra Catholic School (therein referred to as SJSC). The SJSC SCRIP Program purchases gift cards/certificates at a discount, for a variety of merchants. (Note: Percentage discounts vary, at the discretion of the merchant). A SJSC SCRIP Program volunteer sells the gift cards/certificates at face value to SJSC Scrip Program participants. The SJSC Scrip Program participant is offered several options for use of the difference or rebate, between the face value (purchase price) and the discount price. In addition, SJSC SCRIP Program is registered with preauthorized electronic Scrip merchants. These merchants provide rebates, subject to their program limitations and product eligibility, on behalf of self-registered participants who designate St. Junipero Serra Catholic School.
Guidelines and Protocols General Guidelines:
1. A participant in the SJSC SCRIP Program must:
(a) Read and understand the "SCRIP Program General Guidelines and Protocols". (b) Complete and sign the "SCRIP Program Agreement" (see reverse). SJSC will establish a participant account and keep this signed Agreement on file.
(c) An email address should be on file for each participant, as email is the official mode of communication for the SCRIP Program.
2. SJSC offers the SJSC SCRIP Program to generate SCRIP earnings from SCRIP rebates, which will provide a means to raise funds for SJSC, and to provide the opportunity to reduce tuition and/or school fees for students enrolled at SJSC. SJSC SCRIP Program earnings are generated from participating merchants who have agreed to return to the SJSC SCRIP Program participants, a percentage of the dollar amount of each card/certificate purchased. The percentage returned by each individual vendor is listed on the SJSC SCRIP order form or on the SJSC website. The individual vendor percentages listed are exactly the percentages earned from the vendor for each card/certificate purchased through the SJSC SCRIP Program and therefore, represent the exact amount of earnings generated into our SCRIP account. The vendor percentages are subject to change without notice. The SCRIP earnings accumulated by all participants will be held in SJSC SCRIP Program accounts at US Bank. Monthly bank statements for the SCRIP accounts shall be kept by the SJSC Business Office.
3. The SJSC SCRIP Program will run on a yearly basis. The SJSC SCRIP Program will operate weekly throughout the school year with minor deadline and delivery changes due to holidays and vacations. Participants must check emails often for updated order and pick up schedules. Changes in policies and procedures may occur. Continuation of the SJSC SCRIP Program is at the discretion of SJSC and is contingent upon having the necessary amount of volunteers and participants.
4. Copies of the SJSC SCRIP Program Guidelines and Protocols are to be filed with the Diocese of Orange Finance Office on an annual basis (no later than July 1st of each year). Specific Protocols:
1. SCRIP rebates generated by each individual participant will be credited as indicated on the SCRIP Program Agreement (see reverse).
2. Participants may elect to have their SCRIP rebates applied as a general contribution to SJSC and/or to their individual tuition and/or school fees accounts and/or as a cash rebate to participant, the latter subject to a $25 annual administrative fee.
3. Rebates will be distributed annually in May to those participants who elect to receive rebates.
4. Amounts designated as a charitable contribution to SJSC may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax preparer for proper guidance on potential deductibility.
5. Amounts designated to be credited to your tuition and/or school fees accounts at SJSC are NOT tax deductible. Such amounts will be credited as indicated on the SJSC SCRIP Program Agreement.
6. Statements will be provided to participants twice each school year.
7. Any participant writing a non-sufficient fund check or ACH will incur a fee of $30.00. The fee must be paid to SJSC before participant's next SCRIP order will be processed.
8. SCRIP is Non-Refundable. In the event a scrip card/certificate fails at the time of use, it is the participant's responsibility to first contact the vendor's customer service and secondly, contact SJSC, in the event that the problem is not resolved through the vendor. DO NOT THROW THE ARD/CERTIFICATE AWAY.
9. SCRIP cards are the same as cash. The undersigned releases SJSC SCRIP Program administrators and their respective volunteers, agents and assigns from any and all liability or claim for any lost, stolen or destroyed SCRIP cards and from any claims, demands, causes of action, damages and any liability of any kind which may arise from or in any way be related to the SJSC SCRIP Program. This agreement is binding upon the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
10. SJSC reserves the right to limit or decline the sale of scrip to any individual or group.
11. All undesignated scrip discounts and rebates will go to benefit the SJSC Scrip Program to help keep tuition costs affordable for all students.
CLICK HERE for Scrip Program Agreement for Family and Friends.
Daily Scrip Order Forms (one school day turnaround of top merchants)
1. CLICK HERE to complete the Daily Scrip Envelope Order Form
2. If using the on-line interactive form, complete your individual information and input the quantity needed of each item. The calculations will be completed automatically. Print form.
3. Attach check made payable to Serra Catholic School
4. Return Daily Scrip Envelope with your child or drop off to the School Office by 8:30 a.m.
5. Your scrip will be sent home with your child on the next school day.
6. Orders must not exceed $500.00 and are limited to inventory on hand.
Weekly Scrip Order Forms (returned Thursdays, over 125 merchants)
1. CLICK HERE to complete the St. Serra Weekly Scrip Envelope Order Form
2. If using the on-line interactive form, complete your individual information and input the quantity needed of each item. The calculations will be completed automatically. Print form.
3. Attach check made payable to Serra Catholic School.
4. Return Weekly Scrip Envelope with your child or drop off to the School Office by 8:30 a.m. Monday mornings. Orders received after this deadline will be held and processed the following Monday.
5. Orders marked "Send Home" are filled and returned in the "Family Weekly Envelope", usually sent home Thursday afternoons.
6. Orders marked "Pick Up" are filled and will be available at the School Office on Thursdays after 10:00 a.m.
7. Orders must not exceed $5,000
Attain your St. Serra Catholic Financial Participation Fee Faster & Easier
Experience the lifestyle of giving. Attain your St. Serra Catholic Financial Participation Fee rebate goal faster and easier. Read below on how to get started:
- Register If you have not received your invitation to the scripsense private network, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Serra’s Scrip Coordinator at email@example.com
- Shop & Spend Members can shop over 300 brands in the Online Shopping Mall and also purchase electronic gift cards at the eGift Card Gallery.
- Scoop up the best deals in our Seasonal Promotions Section
- Need a gift idea? "eGift card bundles” are packaged and ready to send! Visit the scripsense "Gift Giving Made Easy" Gift Box online!
- Coupons. Coupons. Coupons. No more going offsite to grab your best deal- Be sure to check out the scripsense coupon page!
- Enable Your Mobile Wallet Shop, earn and organize your eGift cards!
- One simple mobile solution with your personal dashboard that allows you to shop, store, track balances, view reports right from your mobile device!
- Multiple payment options! You can now pay with your favorite Credit Card, PayPal , Debit Card and EFT! Choose your Debit Card for your eGift card purchases and incur NO FEE and eGift cards are delivered within hours.
- Complimentary Tools Build your team & earn even more! You have the option to "Invite” family and friends to help you attain your goals faster! Send Gifts & Earn! Email "eGift cards" for birthday gifts, thank you gifts or planning parties right from your phone! Never miss another event!
- Google Chrome Search Bar This powerful search engine has been added to your personal dashboard to help you shop smarter! Instead of going to each individual store’s webpage, you can enter the name of the item you’re searching for in the search bar and a search takes place across all 300+ of our merchants!
- Gamification Now you can see who the top earners are at St. Serra and give them a virtual “High Five” for their accomplishment. Simply click on the Like button next to a person’s name on the Leaderboard and help to recognize, encourage and support a lifestyle of giving at St. Serra Catholic!
As a reminder, extended family or friends may also sign up for this new program. Please have your family and friends fill out a Scrip Program Agreement, if they have not done so already. See form below to download a Scrip Program Agreement.
For scripsense™ questions, please send an e-mail to scripsense at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-EARN247 (1-844-327-6247).
CLICK HERE to view the Scripsense Merchant Network List.
For St. Serra’s Scrip Program questions, please contact Tina Maroutian, Scrip Coordinator at email@example.com
Shopping with convenience in your home or on the go!
- Convenience. Families can order scrip at their convenience over the internet at the ShopWithScrip.com website.
- Full Selection. Over 250 nationwide retailers and denominations at a glance. Restaurants, grocery, gas and more...!
- In-Depth Information. Access your own purchase and rebate history.
- Easy Start-Up. Create your free ShopWithScrip account in just a few easy steps.
- Online Payments. Through PrestoPay using the safe, reliable NACHA EFT System.
This online program will allow parents to participate in the Scrip Program year-round and offers more convenient ways such as reloadable cards and eGift cards that in some cases can be filled almost instantly (see attached file below for retailer list). Please note that rebate percentages may differ in theShopWithScrip program. All ShopWithScrip participants must use PrestoPay for payment. Presto Pay uses the safe, reliable NACHA electronic fund transfer system used by direct deposit systems like your U.S. Treasury Tax Refund.
To enroll in ShopWithScrip:
Go to www.shopwithscrip.com. On the home page, go to Family Sign-up and click on Create Account. When completing the registration information, use your email address as your user name and your complete family name-- for example, John and Joan Smith for first and last name. This is necessary for your family to receive rebate credit. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain St. Serra’s enrollment code (see below "Getting started at ShopWithScrip" for detailed instructions). After completing the registration process, you must enroll in PrestoPay to have your payment securely transferred from your checking account to St. Serra when you place your order. A small convenience fee of $0.15 per order will be applied, but Serra will absorb all the shipping costs. Payment through PrestoPay will be the only way for you to utilize the ShopWithScrip Program at Serra. Serra will not be accepting check payments for ShopWithScrip.
To enroll in PrestoPay: (This enrollment process can take 2 to 3 business days to complete)
Log on to your ShopWithScrip.com account. Click on the PrestoPay link of your Family Home Page. Enter the required information. Great Lakes Scrip Center will deposit 2 small amounts (each under $1.00) in your bank account. After these amounts are in your account, enter these amounts in your PrestoPayregistration to verify your account. You will then be emailed an approval code that you must email to the Scrip Coordinator, Tina Maroutian at email@example.com Once Serra receives your approval code via email, your account will be activated and you will receive an email notification that you are now ready to begin placing orders (see below "Getting Started at PrestoPay" for detailed instructions). Please note that there is a $30 fee for any returns from the bank.
*Weekly online orders through ShopWithScrip must be submitted by Monday mornings at 7:30 am. Your scrip will be returned to you on Thursdays through your Weekly Family Envelope (if a Backpack Waiver form has been submitted – see below for form), or will be available for pick-up in the School Office for families who have chosen this option.
*As a reminder, extended family or friends may also sign up for this program. Please have your family and friends fill out a Scrip Program Agreement, if they have not done so already. See forms below to download a Scrip Program Agreement.
To add MyScripWallet all for Apple/Android phones:
This is not an app from the App Store, but a shortcut that acts as an app. It needs to be accessed through the internet.
- From your device, open your browser and type in MyScripWallet.com.
- On iPhone, select the upward arrow icon at the bottom of the screen. Choose 'Add to Home Screen', then 'Add'. On Android phones, access the Chrome menu bottom and select "Add to home screen', then "Add". The MyScripWallet icon will be installed on your screen. Click on the new icon to access the site just as you would to open an app.
- You may use your shopwithscrip.com username and password to sign on.
Thank you for your participation in our Scrip Program. For questions, contact Tina Maroutian, Scrip Coordinator, (949)888-1990x121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is an exciting way to help increase your scrip rebate amount by simply registering online. Please contact Tina Maroutian, Scrip Coordinator, at 949-888-1990, ext. 121 to email@example.com with any questions.
Registering for Ralph's:
To register please go to www.ralphs.com , click on “Community Contribution”, click on participant, and follow the easy steps to enroll. Serra’s non-profit organization number is 84466.
1. Participants are required to register or re-register for the new term at www.ralphs.comor by using the scanbar letter at the register starting September 1, 2016.
2. There are two ways to enroll:
- Online registration
- Scan-Bar letter
3. Even if you registered as recently as 2016, you are required to register again, on or after September 1, 2016.
4. This does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program.
Procedure for Ralph’s Contribution Rebate Credit:
- Participants must obtain their individual quarterly reporting by emailing Ralph’s at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 800-443-4438. Request an email to be sent to you that contains your latest quarterly contribution amount made on behalf of Ralph’s to St. Serra.
- Forward the Ralph’s email to our Serra Scrip Coordinator at email@example.com by the specified date. These dates will be published in SerraDIPITY as they are available up to three weeks in advance of the due date.
IMPORTANT: As per Ralph’s guidelines, NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to e-mails received after the due dates published in SerraDIPITY and no retroactive credits will be issued.
Please note that rebate credits to your Financial Participation Fee will be limited and subject to the continuation of Ralph’s providing participants’ with their individual contribution amount and by following the Serra procedures outlined above.
eScrip.com offers online shopping at over 800 retailers. Participants must sign up online and www.escrip.com, and create an account on the website by following the easy steps listed on the website. From the website, they will be redirected to the individual vendor websites with a simple mouse click. Reports are obtained by Serra automatically. Please note that the reporting is always 2-3 months behind actual date.