Parent Teacher Organization
Happy New Year ~ Welcome to 2017!
The St. Junipero Serra Catholic School’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) would like to welcome you back from our special Christmas holiday. Our winter months are filled with many fun and special events for our SJSC community! Keep up to date by regularly checking our PTO EVENTS & PROGRAMS PAGE.
Our partnership between the parents, teachers, students and staff continues to grow, while your PTO Board continues to work diligently to create beautiful memories for all St. Serra families. We have built upon our past successes and have implemented these NEW items with you:
- Movie Theater Buyout ~ “Rogue One” Opening Night! Watch for a Spring event announced soon.
- New theme for Father/Daughter Dance ~ An Enchanted Evening
- New activity for Mother/Son Day ~ Cosmic Bowling!
- SerraServes ~ Information about this community volunteer opportunity coming this Spring.
- Volunteer Recognition ~ Record your family service hours and be recognized for giving 100+ hours from May 1, 2016 – April 30, 2017 ~ Thank you from all of us!
- St. Junipero Serra Awards ~ Revamped the nomination and selection process.
- SerraStrong ~ Faith, Family & Fun ~ Welcome Event to kick off the school year with a special Blessing as a community!
- ALL Parent PTO Meetings: September 7th, 2016 / January 11th, 2017 / May 3rd, 2017 (9:30 a.m. in SAC).
- Ten Room Parent Coordinators (RPCs) are voting members of the PTO Board and attend all monthly PTO meetings. (LeadRPC@serraschool.org)
- PTO Executive Board created and meets before each monthly PTO General Meeting.
- Grade Level Ambassadors (GLA) support our New Families ~ two or more per grade. (Ambassadors@serraschool.org)
- Parent Socials directly after ALL monthly Masses hosted by grade-level Room Parents (except for Ash Wednesday mass).
- We have a new home! Please visit the PTO office upstairs in Room 222 of the PEB.
- And more to come as the year continues unfolds!
In case you are unfamiliar with our organization, your SJSC PTO is comprised of 28 parents, 2 teachers and 3 administrators who jointly work to make each new school year both enjoyable and exciting. That being said, everything we strive to accomplish is based on you, the volunteer! As Mrs. Trudell has stated many times, SJSC parent volunteers are the “true heart of St. Serra”. By each of us committing our time, talent and treasure, we are all abundantly rewarded by a strengthened bond with our children at a critical time in their lives. Volunteerism is a cornerstone on which the SJSC community exists. We could not have amazing programs, activities and fundraisers, such as the Golf Classic, Heart Run, Harvest Festival, Father/Daughter Dance, Anchor Ball, Book Fair, and more without a strong commitment from our MANY dedicated teams of giving volunteers…thank you!
Each and every one of us helps create the wonderful community that is St. Serra! We invite you to take some time to see how you can get involved. You can earn your volunteer service hours, meet new friends, and have fun at the same time…we promise! Many hands make any job easier. Please raise your hand by emailing email@example.com and we will see how you can get involved. (Click on “Volunteer Opportunities” at the top left column.)
Should you have any questions throughout the year, please do not hesitate to call upon me or one of our PTO Board members. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, I am humbled and honored to work alongside such an amazing community as St. Serra! May God bless you and yours for a blessed school year.
Cristen Lebsack (Logan 5th / Luke 1st)
2016 – 2017
PTO AT A GLANCE
The St. Junipero Serra Catholic Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) oversees many fundraisers, events, activities and groups which benefit all students at SJSC. See our PTO Events and Programs page for current PTO happenings.
These annual events support the SJSC operating budget and help keep tuition affordable for all.
- Golf Classic - Adult-only golf tournament, dinner, silent auction and Ball Drop. Traditionally held in the Fall.
- Harvest Festival - Harvest-themed family event held on St. Serra’s campus in the Fall, featuring entertainment, games, rides, music, boutique and lots of food!
- Anchor Ball - SJSC’s largest fundraiser of the year, usually held in the Spring. This formal, adult-only event includes dinner, silent auction, live auction, music, dancing and various opportunity drawings.
Community Building Events:
Focused on bringing families together in fellowship and strengthening our community through fun-themed events that also support our fundraising efforts.
- SerraStrong ~ Faith, Family and Fun!
- Family Nights Out
- Santa’s Secret Christmas Shop
- Book Fair
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Ultimate Day of Fun
- Heart Run
Serves our parent community through specialized ministries.
- SerraStrong in Prayer: Partners in Prayer, Prayer Requests, Parent Rosary
- Welcome Ministries: Ambassador Program, Serra Bear Greeters
- Parent Faith Formation: Lenten Retreat, Spiritual Support Materials
- Assistance Ministries: Serra Cares Ministry, Adopt-A-Family
Teacher, Classroom and School Support:
Provides the crucial link between St. Serra parents and their teachers, including the organization and coordination of parent volunteer help in the classrooms.
- Business Day – “One stop shop” day on campus to take care of all our SJSC “business”. Filled with opportunities to sign up for volunteering, purchase school supplies, inquire about extended care, library, scouting, homeroom assignments, sports, lunch program and much more!
- Room Parent Coordinators (RPC’s) - Coordinates the efforts of our Room Parents and Classroom Project Coordinators across all grade levels, while being voting members of the PTO Board.
- Teacher Appreciation Week- One week each year in which the entire SJSC Community comes together to show appreciation for all that our teachers do for our children.
- Staff Treat Days – Hosted three times a year. Day of appreciation for all St. Serra staff coordinated and planned by groups of RPC’s and related Room Parents coordinating parent’s efforts.
2016-2017 PTO Board Members
Thank you to these volunteers for accepting the call to serve as leaders of our SJSC community! Please contact us at email@example.com at any time. We are SerraStrong!
PTO President Cristen Lebsack
President-Elect Dana Maas
Parliamentarian Teacia Andrew
VP Anchor Ball Meredith Giraudi
VP Golf/Book Fair Stephanie Angelos
VP Harvest Festival/Heart Run Corey Lindsay
VP Parent-Child Shelly Soenen
VP SSS/Box Tops/Field Day Kathy Bonin
VP Outreach Ministries Robin Torriero
VP Publicity & Communications Rebecca Yaghi
VP Technology Maria Suarez
VP Volunteer Services Candis Brady
Hospitality/Business Day Alex Simon
Secretary Lisa Zawistoski
Treasurer Karen Tredwell
Lead RPC Preschool-2nd Shannon O’Connor
RPC PS-TK Allie Bertocchini
RPC Kinder Heather Wilson-Davis
RPC 1st Grade Elizabeth Farris
RPC 2nd Grade Lindsay Hakimi
Lead RPC 3rd-6th Shannon Smaldino
RPC 3rd Grade Joanna Scheipe
RPC 4th Grade Jill Kopeny
RPC 5th Grade Kay Relvas
RPC 6th Grade Charise Meideros
Lead RPC 7th-8th Megan Hayden
RPC 7th Grade Alecia Hedge
RPC 8th Grade Shannon Johnson
School President Angeline Trudell
VP Parent Services Debbie Dubeau
AP Student Services Corey Overton
2015-2016 Teacia Andrew
2014-2015 Joyce Stinson
2013-2014 Holly Schwartz
2012-2013 Sarah Doyle
2011-2012 Lori Kilander
2010-2011 Sally Palmer
2009-2010 Jill Noriega
2008-2009 Linda Baldy
2007-2008 Mary Mack
2006-2007 Barb Pinter
2005-2006 Kathaleen Gonzalez
2004-2005 Janet Chermack
2003-2004 Marjorie Trujillo
2002-2003 Michelle Lencioni
2001-2002 Anna Salvatore
2000-2001 Kyle Van Boom
1999-2000 Sally McLeod
1998-1999 Teri Sanchez
1997-1998 Christine Ankenman
1996-1997 Diane Cochrane
1995-1996 Diane Cochrane
2016-2017 PTO BOARD ELECTIONS
Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations for the 2016-2017 PTO Board and for those who have heard the call to service! We are blessed to have an involved community of parent leaders at SJSC!
The nomination process has closed and the following PTO Board positions must be put to a vote:
- RPC – PS/TK
Please CLICK HERE to access the 2016-2017 voting ballot.
Remember, this vote is open to the entire SJSC community -- each parent may submit only one ballot. Ballots must be completed online and submitted no later than Friday, April 29th at 3:00 PM.
Please contact PTO President, Cristen Lebsack, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Junipero Serra Catholic School PTO serves as a supportive body representing all St. Serra parents and teachers, offering relevant and cooperative assistance to the school through non-fundraising and fundraising events.
Do you know a St. Serra parent who has blessed our community with dedication and hard work? Nominate him or her for the St. Junipero Serra Award!
Since 1997 St. Junipero Serra Catholic School has honored volunteers who routinely gift our community with their time, talents, and love, as representatives of “Stewardship in Action”! These individuals are presented with the St. Junipero Serra Award at the annual Anchor Ball in recognition of their long-standing efforts to further the philosophy, mission, and goals of St. Junipero Serra Catholic School through their outstanding volunteer service and Christian leadership.
All St. Serra parents, teachers and staff are asked to please NOMINATE a volunteer you believe is deserving of this heartfelt acknowledgement.
All online nominations must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7th, 2017.
Jennifer & Tom Brooks ~ Diane & Larry Cochran
Pat & Bill Kaszton ~ Audrey Tellers ~ Kyle & Joel Van Boom
Lynn Caulfield ~ Cindy & Jim Chiuminatta ~ Claire Pelaez
Anthony Abowd ~ Karen Como ~ Debbie Dubeau
Donna Barnecut ~ Wayne Dupre ~ Irene Hutton ~ Karen Sinkey
Karen & Phil Sirianni ~ Marjorie Trujillo
Kathy & Steve Brandlin ~ Celeste & Eric Couch
Debbie Farinella ~ Oonagh & Ralph Linzmeier ~ Debi Martin
Diana Myers ~ Teri Sanchez ~ Chris & Charlie Vogelheim
Michelle Lencioni ~ Bill Todd ~ Pam Heckman ~ Marti Longo
Julie Canning ~ Gigi & Paul Scheper ~ Cindy Cain
Jo & Michael Nader ~ Lee Groener
Wayne Peterson ~ Richard Heim ~ Chris Trujillo
Anna Salvatore ~ Donna & Kary Yergler ~ Jeff Reiss
Darlene & Jon Friestedt ~ Teresa & Doug Humphrey
Mona Wilhelms ~ Tony Uzzi ~ Teresa Fullerton
Linda Baldy ~ Cliff Deller ~ Joe Dragan ~ Robyn Jankovich
Jeannie Richard ~ Mary & Joe Sanchez
Susan Armstrong ~ Brian & Sue Dolan ~ Kathleen Gonzalez
Dean & Maureen Krieger ~ Mary Mack ~ Rick & Michelle Ptak
Marc & Laura Carignan ~ Lori Imburgia ~ Mary Kate Marconi
Barbara Pinter ~ Jodi Sweet ~ Todd Ziemer
Bill Hays ~ Brett McCauley ~ Steve Muzzy ~ Carla Myers
Kari Andrakowicz ~ Becky Engel ~ Tara Essex ~ Mike Furlong
Gino & Mary Cischke ~ Joan Gonzalez ~ Kent & Karen Hayden
Karin Hendrick ~ Carole Herzfeld ~ Nancy Hines ~ Randa Memo
Jill Noriega ~ Father Jim Dunning
Chris & Caroline Brahney ~ Lorrie Cabrera ~ Stephanie Callahan
Marisa Iadarola ~ Kim O'Donoghue ~ Sally Palmer ~ Ann Smith
Mike & Kim Caspino ~ Tracie Furlong ~ Angela Grant
Trudi McKenzie ~ Lynne Pantano ~ Kathy Plocher
Robin Emanuel ~ Kim Gallaway ~ Lori Kilander
Sam & Janet King ~ Patty Loessberg ~ Carol Miller
Georgia Prukop ~ Joyce Stinson
Kathy Bonin ~ Jay Deubler ~ Sarah Doyle
Shari Keating ~ Al & Karen Reyes ~ Sharon Tracy
Noelle Chiasson ~ Melissa Driscoll ~ John & Melissa Fosdick
Monique Hastings ~ Doug & Megan Hayden ~ Dana Maas ~ Rebecca Yaghi
Teacia Andrew ~ Jeff and Anne Cova ~ Shannon O'Connor
Michele Polana ~ Suzanne Reyes ~ Michael & Alexandra Simon ~ Shannon Smaldino ~ Maria Suarez