Renaissance STAR Testing
The Renaissance STAR testing windows for the 2016-2017 school year are:
- September 6th – September 16th
- January 9th – January 20th
- May 22nd – June 2nd
- Please note that due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, January 16, some classes will have their Reading assessment on Friday, January 13.
- Please be sure to review your child's January scores between January 20 and May 21.
- Kindergarten will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessments during this window.
- Grades 1-4 will take the STAR test during their technology time. Please note that 2nd grade will take their test at an earlier than usual time. Grades 5-8 will take the Reading STAR Test during their ELA class and the Math STAR Test during their math class.
HELPFUL TEST TAKING NOTES
- Make sure your children have eaten well on test days. Studies suggest that good nutrition is related to improved attention and concentration.
- Help your children by encouraging a good night's rest.
- Ensure that your children make it to school on-time so that they do not miss any instructions and are allowed ample time to settle in and relax before the test begins.
- Please do not schedule dental or doctor appointments on testing days.
- Although it is important to let students know the tests should be taken seriously, it is also important not to increase their test-taking anxiety.
Click the links below more information about STAR™ Assessments: