Renaissance STAR Testing
The Renaissance STAR testing windows for the 2016-2017 school year are:
- September 6th – September 16th
- January 9th – January 20th
- May 22nd – June 2nd
- The Spring assessment schedule takes into account the Marian Mass on May 26, Memorial Day on Monday, May 29, and scheduled field trips.
- Please be sure to review your child’s January scores between January 20 and May 15.
- Kindergarten will take the STAR Early Literacy and Math assessments during this window beginning May 15 through May 26, with make-ups occurring the week of May 29, if needed.
- Please see schedule below or click the link at the bottom of the pages for a printable version of the schedule.
- Grades K-4 will take the STAR assessments in the Mac Lab. Grades 5-8 will take the Reading STAR assessment during their ELA class and the Math STAR assessment during their math class.
- If your child will be absent on the scheduled day, please notify his/her teacher by email so that your child can be scheduled for a make-up session.
HELPFUL TEST TAKING NOTES
- Make sure your children have eaten well on test days. Studies suggest that good nutrition is related to improved attention and concentration.
Help your children by encouraging a good night's rest.
- Ensure that your children make it to school on-time so that they do not miss any instructions and are allowed ample time to settle in and relax before the test begins.
- Please do not schedule dental or doctor appointments on testing days.
- Although it is important to let students know the tests should be taken seriously, it is also important not to increase their test-taking anxiety.
Click the links below more information about STAR™ Assessments: